To competently* and professionally* assist the Sales Department, where relevant, meet the expressed needs of existing and potential clients. This will be done while staying within the negotiated job responsibilities at all times.
- High School Diploma;
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training;
- Ability to use standard office equipment (i.e., computer, copier and fax machine). Computer literate.
- Ability to travel extensively to local clients' facilities and promotional events.
· Sales Representative Assistance
· Sales Management Assistance
· Interdepartmental Liaison
· Self- Management
· Professional Development
Objectives (by Responsibility):
Sales Representative Assistance
1. To assist, support and co-ordinate the ongoing needs of the Sales team. This includes:
· Preparing presentations
· Develop budgets in conjunction with agency personnel
· Preparing letters
· Fielding client calls as needed.
Sales Management Assistance
1. To assist the Sales Manager in supporting the Sales Team on an ongoing basis. This includes:
· Preparing meeting agendas as required
· Taking notes at meetings and distributing same when relevant
· Preparing, coordinating, distributing and maintaining sales kits
· Co-coordinating with other departments as directed by the Sales Manager.
1. To ensure that all relevant information is submitted to all relevant parties and departments within the requested and negotiated timelines on an ongoing basis. This includes:
· Traffic Department
· Promotion, Production and programming requests
2. To ensure that effective interdepartmental communication occurs on an ongoing basis.
1. To ensure that all relevant paperwork as it applies to the overall job responsibility is submitted within the negotiated and requested timelines at all times. This includes:
· All the paperwork required by Sales and Sales Management
· All the paperwork required by the Accounting and Traffic Departments
· Keeping Master Client List updated monthly.
2. To perform within the relevant department and interdepartmental policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
1. To ensure that appropriate Self-Management is exercised at all times, as it applies to the overall function and specifically as it relates to:
· Overall Professionalism
· Dress code (should be consistent with your job function, includes appropriate grooming)
· Confidentiality (at all times)
· Managing Emotions (Emotional Maturity and control in all situations)
· Taking Initiative (may include taking risks)
· Being self-directed
· Accepting responsibility
· Being accountable
· Accepting and growing with others Critique
· Being objective (issue relevant)
· Building and maintaining workable relationships
· Suspending judgment (when relevant)
· Not discriminating
· Being accepting rather than judgmental (when appropriate)
· Allowing others their feelings
· Extending common courtesies
· Behaving out of a sense of urgency (when appropriate)
· Striving for Balance
· Appropriately delegating
· Evolving self-awareness
· Problem Solving and Decision Making (within scope of the function)
1. To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
2. To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
3. To drive your own Performance Appraisal every thirty days.
*Competence is defined as using "effectiveness and efficiency" in equal measure at all times
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times
Radio One ranks #1 among African-American audiences. The largest radio broadcaster serving black listeners, the company owns more than 50...