Location: 200 E 10 St, Suite 100.
Performs a multifaceted retail-banking role. Accountable for individual business deposit development activities and strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building multiple relationships with existing customers with the goal of providing maximum profitability with minimum risk. Performs duties ranging from sales to teller functions, new account openings, and loan origination. Willing to work varying hours and weekends.
1. Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer relationships and provide the highest level of customer service, through aggressive profiling of each customer and prospective customer to determine their needs and matching products/services to those needs.
2. Drive branch deposit growth through business development activities, active participation in all product marketing campaigns, sales development activities, and referral programs.
3. Develop and support retail business in the branch by capitalizing on business opportunities and directly or indirectly influencing the production of revenue and the control of expenses that contribute to the branch goal.
4. Analyze credit and financial information for processing of loans and other bank products for customers to ensure applicable lending policies and procedures are followed. May have lending authority at the discretion of management. Lending authority will be $5M (secured) and $1M (unsecured loans. Responsible for adherence to compliance regulations and lending policies and procedures.
5. Solicit new business through business development promotions at the branch, in-aisle sales, P A’s, aisle contacts, telephone and mail. Identify customer needs and sell/refer appropriate bank products.
6. Perform Teller duties which include processing deposits, withdrawals, payments, and coin and cash orders. Be knowledgeable in assisting customers with selling savings bonds, traveler’s checks, cashier checks, and cash advances.
7. Actively participate in community organizations and activities to project and sustain a favorable bank image in the community.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
1. High school degree or equivalent required; Associates degree in Banking/Finance/Management or equivalent experience preferred
2. Previous sales or retail experience preferred, including cashiering and balancing experience
3. Strong analytical and customer service skills
4. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
5. Effective selling and cross-selling skills
6. Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 20-50 pounds
Great Western Bank - 19 months ago
Great Western Bancorporation is the holding company for Great Western Bank, which operates about 200 branches in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri,...