TITLE: Sales Associate PT Novato
SALARIED OR HOURLY: Hourly
REPORTS TO: Assistant Store Manager (as assigned)
EXEMPT OR NON EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: (the purpose of the role)
Under the direction of store leadership, the Sales Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining a clean, safe and pleasant work environment, and implementing the Company’s mission and goals. Work in an accurate an efficient manner to reduce waste, improve sales and reduce expense.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: ( Accountabilities = the WHAT. The specific outcomes or results that an experienced person in this job is expected to contribute to the goals and performance of Goodwill. Include financial/budget accountabilities that the individual has direct or indirect impact on. Responsibilities = the HOW. The specific duties that an experienced person in this job is expected to perform in the achievement of their accountabilities)
- Achieves the highest standards of customer service. Maintaining high levels of courtesy standards, attentiveness.
- Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly manner. Providing a safe working and shopping environment at all time.
- Works under the supervision and guidance of store leadership to maintain the highest levels of merchandise presentation standards.
- Accurately and efficiently runs the POS system. Adheres to all cash handling guidelines and POS operating procedures.
- Works under the direction of assigned leaders and supervisors to reduce all elements of loss and shrinkage. Giving special attention to deterring theft and reporting suspicious activity when appropriate.
- Is responsible for being aware of all policy, procedures and guidelines related to the effected completion of job requirements.
- Participates in all training activities and assignments as directed.
- Supports the team environment by actively participating is the effective merchandising of assigned areas.
- Works to improve delivery of customer service in the store, making efforts to improve processes and practices that will continually enhance the shopping experience.
- Assist in the visual presentation of the store as directed, including window displays, rack signing and sizing and accessorizing.
- Responsible for accurately performing the all job functions of a retail cashier.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (education, work experience, and technical competencies)
- Retail and customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to read and write English proficiently, or have enrolled in and are on track to successfully complete an approved ESL program.
- Demonstrate math and or accounting skills
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be familiar or gain familiarity with cashiering system.
- Must be able to stand on hard surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work in diverse public