The Campus Store Sales Associate will be responsible for providing customers with a unique shopping experience by providing excellent customer service, utilizing effective selling techniques and providing in-depth product knowledge in a specialty retail environment.
• Customer Service- genuinely greet and welcome customers to the store with enthusiasm.
• Determine and understand customers’ needs by asking open –ended questions.
• Explain the features and benefits, addressing individual customer needs.
• Suggest additional items utilizing sales skills to build multiple sales.
• Ring items on the POS/Cash Register and bag merchandise appropriately to avoid damage when necessary.
• Thank the customer.
• Follow through on customer requests as taken.
• Regularly provide feedback to store managers on customer reaction to store and merchandise.
• Maintain the order & cleanliness of the store.
• Assist in stocking/re-stocking of merchandise throughout the store on a daily basis, including trips to the storage cages located in the tunnel.
• Assist in the DeBaun Café when needed to include cleaning and serving customers.
• Assist in the Shipping/Receiving Department with packing of Shippers, and receiving of Merchandise and other areas as needed.
• Train and assist in all areas of the Flavor Bar as needed- to include setting up of Tasting Experiences, stocking of area and packaging chocolates.
• High School Diploma or GED
• A minimum of one (1) year of retail sales experience
• A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good planning and time management skills to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
• The ability to become familiar with the products we carry and their uses.
• Experience with POS systems.
• Prior experience selling cookware, dinnerware, cutlery, kitchen electrics, bakeware products.
• Must be available to work nights, weekends holiday based upon business needs.
• Regular work requires a great deal of climbing, standing, lifting, bending and stretching for up to 8 hours per workday.
• Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Respect for diversity is a core value of The Culinary Institute of America, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering a diverse learning and working environment.