The Sales Associate is a developing sales professional who, in conjunction with the community sales team, is responsible for selling the Erickson lifestyle to prospects. This position assists with meeting or exceeding the team’s sales goals by conducting phone sales, scheduling sales appointments, addressing customer objections, and following through on sales efforts. In addition to general selling responsibilities, the Sales Associate may have a focused role in the sales office by managing one or more specific phases during the sales cycle.
The Sales Associate works on sales processes of moderate scope where analysis of various sales situations requires a review of a variety of factors, exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and proactively builds productive internal/external working relationships. As a developing sales professional, this position normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Interact with prospects through sales activities that include daily phone sales, face-to-face sales, group sales, and one-on-one sales.
- Conduct phone sales that increase the quality and quantity of appointments attended by prospective residents.
- Conduct extensive follow-thru and retention programs.
- Influence prospects with strategic messages, tactics, talking points, events, etc.
- Develop and sustain customer relationships that result in sales and revenue.
- Assists in executing all phases of the sales process and may focus on managing one or more of the following specialty areas:
- Conducting the Pre-Residency Interview Process
- Conducting the 10% and Contract signing appointments
- Conducting the Move-In Process
- Conducting sales event planning and execution.
- Conducting Community Relations throughout the greater community area
- Managing accuracy of Customer Relationship Management database information & reports
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Previous sales experience (1 – 2 years) preferred
- Previous experience working with a long sales cycle (12 – 18 months) preferred
- Knowledge of persuasive and consultative selling techniques to strategically influence customer decisions.
- Knowledge of the product that ensures effective presentations to prospects.
- Excellent sales skillsthat result in sales and revenue.
- Established phone sales skills
- Established one-on-one sales skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate a polished sales image and work atmosphere, a customer-focused attitude, and a sales-focused drive.
- Ability to perform at a high-level of sales competency, capitalizing on sales opportunities
- Ability to change tactics & strategies to meet the unique needs of each prospect.
- Ability to understand, communicate and sell pricing and financing models.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural site, key and home plans.
- Travel four times or more a year via plane, car, train – not always within regular business hours of 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday thru Friday.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender/ sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND AN APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT OR PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT TO SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A POLYGRAPH, LIE DETECTOR, OR SIMILAR TEST OR EXAMINATION AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT. ANY EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS PROVISION IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE.
History and Vision of The Company
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Erickson Living, a leading developer and manager of senior living...