Plays a critical customer service role by providing customers with fast, friendly, accurate and safe service. Proactively seeks knowledge to provide customers with information. Assists customers shopping in the store, rings up sales, takes payments, and stocks shelves with merchandise. Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
1. Assist customers in choosing articles for purchase.
2. Learn to recognize that a line could be one person if they have a cart full, and no line could be 4 people if they only have a few items.
3. Offer a friendly greeting, smile and make eye contact with customers.
4. Maintains friendly, helpful manner to all donors and customers.
5. Let customers know you will assist them shortly if helping another customer.
6. Thank each customer by saying, Thank You for shopping at Goodwill.
7. Give customers your full attention throughout the transaction.
8. Receive donations and give receipt to the customer.
9. Monitor all entrances and exits.
10. Price donations, and displays in to the correct area.
11. Keep sales area, backroom, and bathrooms clean at all times.
12. Rings up sale, take payment, and bags merchandise.
13. Merchandises counters, tables, racks, etc.
14. Rotate clothing, wares, shoes, etc. according to the current color rotation schedule.
15. Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
16. Ensure that all aisles and walking surfaces are safe.
17. Practice the ACE (Amazing Customer Experience) program (hearts=service & mission - diamonds=first impression & dress code - clubs = production & goals - spades - fun, safety & integrity)
1. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge on the correct use of the following: cash register, adding machine, credit card machine, and telephone.
2. Knowledge on pricing merchandise.
3. Ability to adhere to major and minor work rule policies regarding safety.
4. Ability to report any incident/accident to the Manager on Duty.
5. Ability to immediately correct unsafe conditions or notify Manager on Duty.
6. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to read, speak, hear, write and conduct business related mathematics.
8. Ability to stand during scheduled hours. Hours include weekends, evenings and holidays.
9. Good communication skills.
10. Good judgment, patience, and understanding.
11. Knowledge of basic math skills.
12. Ability to keep work is free from clutter to avoid injury to co-workers and customers.
13. Proactively seek knowledge on services.
14. Knowledge of verifying the register till at opening, signing Void Sheets and etc.
15. Knowledge of verifying the register and completing the appropriate paperwork at closing.
16. Skill to monitor store entrance and exit doors and inform management when there is a problem.
17. Ability to bend, stoops, reach, twist, lift, push, pull and move items. To lift and carry a minimum of 40 pounds.
18. May have to occasionally work outdoors where temperatures and climate can fluctuate.
1. Understand importance of excellent customer service.
2. Retail sales experience a plus.
3. High school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
4. Follow all safety rules.
5. Have a pleasant personality.
6. Successfully pass the validated selection test.
7. Pass the drug test.
8. Be able to work a flexible schedule.
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc. - 9 months ago