Practical Law Company, Inc. (PLC US) is a leading online provider of legal know-how. We help business lawyers practice more efficiently and deliver greater value to clients. We deliver our content to companies, law firms, and law schools.
Our sister company was founded in the UK in 1990 and our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including over 90% of the top 200 law firms in the UK, over 70% of the AMLAW 100, and over 1,700 major companies worldwide. We launched our first US services in January 2009 and our Law Department service for in-house lawyers in January 2010.
PLC US currently employs approximately 200 people, including about 85 former practicing attorneys with significant experience in major NYC firms and legal departments. We are a dynamic and fast growing company and are always looking out for bright and passionate people who share our vision for the future of legal services. We were recognized by the American Bar Association as being one of the three US companies that represent the future of law practice. For more information about Practical Law Company, see our website at www.practicallaw.com .
As a result of our rapid growth and the growing popularity of our unique subscription based services in the United States, we have added multiple new opportunities for Sales Associates to join our Sales Team. The Sales Associate position is a fantastic opportunity for entry level candidates looking for a career in sales. This role will allow you to learn about the consultative sales process, while working in a fun, supportive and engaging environment. Our Sales Associates support our Account Executives by performing market research to uncover key players within legal organizations, scheduling appointments, calling on prospects and assisting with ad hoc sales campaigns. Successful Sales Associates can be promoted to Account Executive roles within approximately 12-18 months of joining our company.
Our Sales Associates must:
Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Be motivated to cold call (50+ calls a day)
- Be able to understand and communicate the PLC value proposition in conversations with prospects
- Have at least a Bachelors degree
- Have a strong customer service orientation and a sincere interest in building a career in sales
- Be self-motivated, and be able to take the initiative to learn about new sales opportunities and gain an understanding of our varied subscription services
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have strong organizational and time management skills
- Have professional oral and written communication skills
If you are considering a career in sales, then this is the position that can provide you with the knowledge base, training and experience to get started!
- Two years of professional experience; sales/appointment setting, experience with software technologies (eg, CRM) or previous exposure to the legal industry and a working knowledge of sales concepts and techniques is a plus