Are you looking to start your career? Or are you are looking to stay busy while earning a little extra dough? Well if you answered yes to either of these questions and you have a hankering for helping people you may want to consider a job in your local Orchard Supply Hardware store. We are always accepting applications for Cashiers, Sales, Pick-up and Receiving. While we may not have an immediate opening, we still want to know about you.
Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
Sales Associates are the go-to person in the store for our customers looking to fix that leaky faucet, match the paint of Aunt Gertrude’s living room to do some touch-up, or figure out why their prized rose bush isn’t blooming. The ideal candidate for Sales Associate is inquisitive, energetic, has a desire to learn and most importantly has a passion to serve customers. What does passion to serve mean at Orchard? It’s pretty simple; Sales Associates need to engage with all of our customers, get an understanding of their needs and do everything possible to ensure they leave totally satisfied with their shopping experience. With that a successful Sales Associate will have customers returning for their future hardware and home improvement needs.
1. Provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
2. Continually build product knowledge for their assigned department to be able to answer customer questions, provide product features and benefits, and build an understanding of related products to be able to sell a solution to the customer.
3. Maintain in-stock within the assigned department, communicate issues with product availability or overstock to the Department Lead or store management.
4. Ensure the assigned department is always kept clean and all products are easily accessible to customers.
5. Assist in other areas of the store as required. There are no boundaries when providing customer service.
6. Prepare for and assist with store inventory
1. High school graduate or GED
2. Must be 18 years of age or older
3. Great customer service skills and a positive demeanor
4. Great verbal and listening communication skills
5. Ability to work on your feet (standing and walking) for long periods of time
6. Prior retail sales experience is a plus
Orchard Supply Hardware - 21 months ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...