Position: Sales Associate
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Store Manager
The first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1972 selling hard-to-find kitchenware imported from France. Since then the company has expanded to more than 75 stores nationwide, a direct-mail business distributing millions of catalogs each year, an e-commerce site, a gift registry, and a cooking class program.
Sur La Table prides itself in being the premiere retailer for creative cooking and artful entertaining through a legacy in culinary innovation, authenticity and discovery. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and authentic culinary tools and serving pieces from around the world, we welcome you to join Sur La Table as part of our team.
Sales Associates help create an experience for our customer that delights and inspires. This position assists in executing and supporting all store initiatives that contribute to generating sales.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
Job Requirements (including, but not limited to):
- Sell, Sell, Sell!.
- Offer customers exemplary service through greeting, engagement and accurate product information.
- Ability to service multiple customers, discover needs, and make recommendations to build and close sales.
- Recommend alternative purchase choices if product is currently out of stock.
- Utilize available resources to enhance product knowledge and company initiatives to become the "Trusted Authority".
- Continuously stocks and replenishes the selling floor; does so in accordance with visual standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Sur La Table policies and procedures.
- Participates in maintaining an organized and clean store including stock room and bathroom during downtime and when assigned.
- Rings on the register in accordance with POS guidelines.
- Executes price changes, transfers and cash register per policy and directive.
- Immediately addresses loss prevention issues following Sur La Table guidelines.
- Communicates effectively and professionally.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Professional and friendly.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Accurate with basic math and data entry skills.
- Familiarity with Retail POS systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
- Able to stand and/or walk for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis.
Sur La Table - 2 years ago
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising...