Tommy Bahama defines relaxed, sophisticated, island-inspired living, with a complete collection of men's and women's sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories, a complete home collection and restaurants. Tommy Bahama is looking for a qualified Sales Associate to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
Take responsibility for achieving individual and team sales goals. Enhance the guest's experience by providing prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional service that supports Tommy Bahamas' Retail Mission Statement, Core Values and Service Excellence techniques.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- Genuinely greet all guests with a friendly smile and personalized offer to help with their shopping needs.
- Assess the needs of guests by asking open-ended questions and provide the appropriate level of service and expertise using the answers to those questions.
- Learn about and apply guest likes, dislikes, color preferences, and attitude to best meet and exceed their shopping needs.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on guest needs and desires.
- Learn, reference and apply product knowledge information obtained from various sources such as co-workers, seasonal buy strategy and visual documents, company Intranet, product labels, and Product Knowledge binder.
- Embrace brand direction by providing product knowledge and fashion direction with guests on a daily basis.
- Be a strong ambassador of the brand by personally representing the season's trends and key items for the business.
- Maintain current knowledge of tommybahama.com, marketing programs, images, and media plans.
- Prepare fitting rooms for guests; keep fitting rooms clean and free of merchandise when not in use, escort guests to the fitting room and neatly present guest's selected merchandise in the fitting room, etc.
- Provide ongoing guest service while the guest is trying on merchandise (e.g. fit, fashion and wardrobing advice, suggest add-ons, promptly remove unwanted items from the fitting room for the guest, etc.)
- Proactively seek opportunities to up sell and add-on additional merchandise, further enhancing the guest's shopping experience.
- Anticipate and overcome guest objections to purchasing merchandise.
- Meet and exceed sales and service performance goals set by store management team members including but not limited to individual sales, units per transaction (UPT,) dollars per transaction (DPT,) etc.
- Build lasting relationships ("clientele") with guests by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise, and remind them of upcoming events.
- Accurately and efficiently facilitate guest purchase and return transactions.
- Maintain proper banking and media accountabilities at POS while following all "Banking" and "Cash Wrap" policies and procedures.
- Capture and/or verify guest contact information in GRM database when appropriate.
- Watch for and recognize loss prevention situations and know how to prevent and handle these situations using outstanding guest service and "Loss Prevention" policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for team members and guests.
- Follow Retail Operations policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in all store-related meetings and trainings, and apply learned skills on the job.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Participate in executing visual merchandising philosophies, cleaning and upkeep of physical store at the direction of store management. Assisting guests should always come first.
- Embrace, articulate, and reflect the PARADISE Core Values.
- Demonstrate the Tommy Bahama PARADISE Core Values in all business decisions and actions.
- Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the business.
- 2 years guest service and sales experience preferred
- Retail apparel experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
Tommy Bahama is full of smart, creative islanders. We support a work hard, play hard culture and hope you are ready for the challenge.
- Strong sales and service skills, strong interpersonal skills, verbal communication skills, listening skills, ability to multi-task, time management skills, organization skills, basic math skills, cash handling/transaction skills, and ability to set and achieve goals.
Tommy Bahama - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
About Tommy Bahama
Tommy Bahama is part of Tommy Bahama Group, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford Industries, Inc. (NYSE:OXM)....