The Sales Associate is responsible for executing day-to-day store operations and all sales related tasks. They will deliver quality customer service while selling merchandise and services. They will assist in store merchandising activities in order to maintain the standards of appearance. They will assist management in all phases of the business from selling, assisting customers, merchandising, and store maintenance. They will participate in all marketing, inventory, and sales training programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Friendly Greeting
- Ensures the achievement of sales and profitability
- Recommends the appropriate attachments
- Execute approved selling techniques
2. Qualify the Customer Need (Listen to the Customer)
3. Show the Customer the Recommended Item
4. Explain the Features and Benefits of the Item
5. Ask for the Sale
2. In-Store Execution
- Must be proficient with vendor and warehouse special orders, store to store transfers, and outside purchases programs
3. Customer Service
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels to include weekly parts inventory and integrity of truck deliveries
- Responsible for maintaining current plano-grams, catalogs, and any pricing or promotional information
- Responsible for working the overstock area and general store maintenance
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the entire store
4. Procedural Compliance
- Ensure the execution of high customer service standards and customer satisfaction programs
- Ensure excellence in phone sales skills
- Learns the features and benefits of all products sold and serviced by VIP and perfects the selling process. Mentors and trains the selling process and strategy by category to other VIP associates. Leverages VIP’s competitive advantages by product category and sells effectively against our competition. Fully understands all VIP warrantees and sells the lifetime benefits to our customers. Masters the art of professional selling and delivers an enriched customer experience
5. Additional Responsibilities:
- Complies with company safety and loss prevention programs and recommends appropriate changes to operating procedures to store management as needed to ensure integrity of operating systems.
- Attends store safety and loss prevention meetings and follows all safety programs as communicated by the management team
- Ensures that the parts department and sales floor area is maintained presenting a clean and safe environment free from all hazards that may impede customers and/or employees access
- Must be in approved uniform attire with name badge while working in the store
- Must be available to assist with other responsibilities assigned by the management team
All performance measurements for Sales Associate are for the total of the following:
- Sales vs. Budget
- Customer Service
- CBT Compliance
- Team Work Attitude
Reporting to the General Manager, this position works closely with Store Management Team to support sales in his/her assigned store. The Sales Associate interacts with Store & Service personnel on a daily basis along with the management team. Additional relationships may include communication with District Manager, Regional Service Manager and Director of Operations.
STANDARD MANAGEMENT WORK WEEK:
VIP functions on a seven day store operating schedule. At the same time, the company makes every effort to provide employees the opportunity to balance their professional and personal life styles. A nonexempt employee’s schedule may vary from week to week and an employee will normally be scheduled no more than forty (40) hours and no more than five (5) days in a work week. Periodic and/or unexpected business necessity may require a Salesperson to work above or below the standard 40 hour schedule on occasion as business dictates.
1. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
2. Minimum Education and/or Experience Level
- A team player; demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively to achieve a goal
- Excellent verbal communication, and listening skills
- Organized, and exercises excellent time management skills
- An understanding of technical information within the automotive industry
- Good business sense: ability to analyze, prioritize, and execute solutions
3. Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
- High School Graduate or GED Certification
- 6 Months -1year of experience selling parts in a retail atmosphere
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- ASE Certification – Parts Specialist Recommend
- ASE Certification – Service Consultant Recommended
- MAST Certification –Tire Essentials Required
- MAST Certification – Product Expert Recommended
- VIP Private Brand Tire Certification
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those a Sales Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Job duties are performed within an enclosed store (generally 5,000 to 35,000 sq ft) and partially enclosed service environment (generally 800 to 2500 sq. ft.) Store environment is controlled and has a high overhead ceiling and a smooth level floor space.
The sales and stock areas are well lighted and well ventilated. The Service department is attached to the retail store and is generally accessible without traveling outdoors. The Service department opens to the outdoors via overhead doors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to varying weather, climate and temperature conditions, mechanical equipment, automotive and industrial cleaning chemicals and noise levels that may reach 110 decibels depending upon type of service being performed. Protective eyewear must be worn in the service area at all times.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Listed below is a table which summarizes the physical activities associated with the position and the average amount of time required of each physical activity. Protective back support belts must be worn while performing strenuous physical activities involving lifting and exerting force.
Essential Physical Activity Requirements
Less than 1/3 of Time
1/3 to 2/3 of Time
More than 2/3 of Time
Pushing / Pulling
than 1/3 of time 1/3 to 2/3 of time More than 2/3 of time
Essential Weight Lifting/Force Exertion Requirements
Listed below is a table which summarizes the amount of time spent and weight lifted or force exerted in the position.
Less than 1/3 of time 1/3 to 2/3 of time More than 2/3 of time
Less than 1/3 of Time
1/3 to 2/3 of Time
More than 2/3 of Time
21 to 50 lbs
0 to 10 lbs
51 to 100 lbs
11 to 20 lbs
Essential Vision Requirements
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth Perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
VIP Parts, Tires and Service - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard