We strive to provide quality of life FMWR programs and services to the Picatinny Arsenal Community that result in a quality of life to Soldiers and Families commensurate with their sacrifice and service to include active duty military, retirees, civilian employees, reservists and their family members.
This position is located at the Golf Course on Picatinny Arsenal. Incumbent will be required to work days, evenings, weekends as well as holidays. Duty hours will vary. Position will involve operating a beverage cart that includes the sale of alcoholic beverages. Duties will include assisting with teaching Jr. Golf programs.
Incumbent will not be guaranteed any hours and is not eligible to participate in health, life and retirement programs.
A reasonable amount of qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Driver's License
Provides customer service in a retail sales activity. Demonstrates and sells specialized merchandise to customers. May operates a cash register, makes change completes charge and layaway transactions. Maintains merchandise by stocking shelves, displaying goods and keeping the area neat and orderly. Keeps related sales records as necessary. Sells alcoholic beverages. Responsibilities will include assisting with Jr. Golf lessons.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Best Qualifying Criteria: One (1) year experience in the customer service industry.
Knowledge of basic math.
Must be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection. This does not apply to Intermittent appointments.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. You must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Retil Sales and Customer Service. Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Intermittent (Flexible) positions are not eligible for NAF Benefits, or leave accrual.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...