U.S. Army Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (F&MWR) is committed to providing the WSMR community with quality of life programs to meet family, leisure and recreational needs.
White Sands Missile Range is known as the birthplace of Americas Missile and Space Activity and is located in the Tularosa Basin of south-central New Mexico at the base of the beautiful Organ Mountains. The Tularosa Basin is known for hot summers and mild winters. We have a wide variety of sporting activities; camping, fishing, boating, hiking, skiing, and hunting. Local wildlife includes oryx, deer, cougar, coyote, rattlesnake, tarantula, scorpion, elk, turkey, bear, and wild boar in the mountain areas.
Want a summer job working at one of the most popular spots on post, that's the Golf Course. The Golf Course is set at the base of the Organ Mountains. The White Sands Missile Range Golf Course has been rated one of the best 9-hole courses in the Sun Country Section. The Golf Course is known for it's fast greens and majestic views. Come and enjoy the "Best Kept Secret in the Southwest".
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Social Security card is required.
- If claiming a Preference (Military Spouse Preference,
- Involuntarily Separated Military, Current/Former NAF Employee,
- or Outside Applicant Veteran), proof must be attached.
Provides customer service in a retail sales activity. Demonstrates and sells specialized merchandise to customers. May operates a cash register, makes change completes charge and layaway transactions. Maintains merchandise by stocking shelves, displaying goods and keeping the area neat and orderly. Keeps related sales records as necessary .
1. Must be 19 years of ago at appointment and have a basic knowledge of basic math .
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background checks of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained, to include Childcare as required.
4. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) and/or Childcare National Agency Check and Inquiries (CNACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
6. Incumbent may be required to work overtime, shift work, and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
7. Conversion of employment category, from Flexible to regular part/full time, may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
8. Successful completion of prescribed training is required.
9. Must demonstrate the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English sufficiently to execute job requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
This position does not offer NAF Benefits. Nonappropriated Funds Regular Full (40 hours per week) or Part (20 hours per week) positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...