The sales clerk’s role will be to provide efficient and courteous customer service to all patrons of the Pharmacy. The intent of this job description is to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Wait on customers/ patients and operate the cash register.
2. Assist in maintaining over the counter inventory. (Ordering, facing, organizing etc.)
3. Daily processing of orders. (Checking, pricing, stocking shelves)
4. Answering telephone calls in a prompt and courteous manner.
5. Other duties as assigned.
6. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/Entity as well as the proper release of information.
7. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
8. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
9. Assists in packing bariatric orders to be shipped.
10. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient.
11. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Occasionally lift and/or carry 50 lbs
- Frequently lift and/or carry 25 lbs
- Being able to frequently lift or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds is often more critical that being able to lift up to 50 lbs at a time
- Stand and/or walk at least 6 hours in an 8-hour work day
- Very few medium occupations in the national economy are performed primarily in a sitting position
Important: The functional capacity to perform medium work includes the functional capacity to perform sedentary and light work
- Stooping (bending at the waist) and crouching (stooping and bending at the knee) – required frequently in most medium jobs
- Handling (grasping) – required frequently in most medium jobs
- Fingering (fine manipulation) – required only occasionally in most medium jobs
High school graduate or equivalent.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Sales experience required. Cash register operation experience preferred.
Weekdays including occasional Saturday.
St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard