With oversight from the Sales Training Manager and the AVP of Learning & Development, the Sales Coach will partner with branch leadership and sales management to strengthen consistent sales behaviors and achieve results aligned with corporate sales goals. The Sales Coach will identify, develop, and deliver sound programs and solutions that build a strong, consultative, sales-driven culture.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABIITIES & TASKS:
- Planning & Organizing
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Motivating, Coaching & Developing Others
- Drive for Results/Action Oriented
- Strong Presentation Skills
1. Supports Sales Trainer in developing and delivering sales and service training for new and existing sales and service employees. Creates internally-developed e-learning modules and sales quick guides. Conducts interactive sales workshops. Keeps all learning materials current.
2. Supports Sales Trainer in developing and delivering learning materials to support product and promo launches.
3. Conducts needs-analysis of front-line staff performance to identify skill gaps, needed learning materials, and coaching opportunities.
4. Conducts one-on-one and group sales coaching sessions with front-line sales force (Tellers, MIC, and FRs ), in effort to reinforce desired sales behaviors and to increase branch profitability. Regularly tracks and communicates skill strengths and gaps, issues, challenges and/or desired results with Sales Trainer.
5. Supports the organization in the guaranteed best utilization of the sales tracking system (Synapsys). Coaches sales force to the most profitable use of all sales tools and systems.
6. Plays a support role in monitoring incentive programs as well as coaching to desired results.
7. Supports the Sales Trainer Magager in administering the Financial Literacy programs to both the community and internal employees. Develops and delivers Financial Literacy training during business partner events (DM Base, UA, Pima, etc.) Partners with community sponsored education programs (i.e. MMI) in organizing member/employee education sessions. Keep the Financial Literacy programs active and robust, while delivering desired results.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Requires an Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 2 years business sales training or coaching experience combined with proven sales skills as a top performer in retail banking or credit union. Must have a solid background in affecting change through sales programs.
Skills & Abilities
Strong technical knowledge of sales techniques. Requires strong planning and organizational skills, solid written and verbal skills, and excellent overall communication and presentation skills. Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced, multi-task environment and perform with a sense of urgency in order to meet targeted objectives.
This position requires the ability to work flexible hours as needed. Must comply with all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act.
Employee is required to sit and stand a majority of the time. Infrequent lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required. The employee must be able to travel independently to department and branch locations throughout the Credit Union. Frequent travel may be necessary in Pima, Pinal and Maricopa Counties primarily.
Vantage West Credit Union - 14 months ago