The Director of Sales Compensation will lead sales compensation for Groupon’s North American sales organization. Our sales compensation strategy continues to grow in scale and complexity due to the integration of new verticals and teams, as well as the overall maturation of a business that is only four years old. The Director of Sales Compensation owns the strategy, analytics, and administration of sales incentive strategies, structures and plans. They assess behavioral and cultural impact, revenue generation, and effects on the organization as a whole.
Desired Experience and Qualities
- Lead all aspects of sales incentive compensation across Groupon’s sales channels from strategy design through administration
- Partner with key constituents across the organization: Sales, Sales Operations, HR, Finance and Legal
- Partner with the Finance team to develop analytical tools and models to forecast and manage plan expense, and drive performance through prudent plan design, review and evaluation. Develop techniques for compiling and preparing data for senior management.
- Conduct market salary surveys on Groupon’s sales positions; collect and analyze market data and partner with compensation analysts to maintain data library; maintain and update position descriptions
- Determine competitive position of Groupon’s salary range structure; develop recommendations for annual structure and budget adjustments to maintain internal and external equity in sales pay plans
- Research best practices and recommend plan and program revisions and/or new plans that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and Groupon objectives
- Draft and communicate all plan documents, offer letter templates and sales incentive training materials
- Accurately interpret, counsel, and educate sales representatives and managers on sales plan mechanics, policy and guideline interpretations and the use of contests and spiffs
- Manage sales incentive payment platform to ensure accurate and timely payment of sales incentive compensation, including the people management of sales commission analysts
- Identify and recommend process improvement and tool enhancements
- At least 10 years of incentive compensation experience required
- Background specifically in sales compensation required
- Experience working for multi-national businesses
- Strong strategic, analytical, and financial skills
- Experience managing others; ability to work cross functionality and ability to influence peers and other constituents
- Prior experience maintaining strict levels of confidentiality concerning employee information
- Extreme comfort with ambiguity; flexibility is a must
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID 4143
Careers at Groupon
We're making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We're changing the way merchants and...