The Contract Manager will be responsible for the implementation of strategic sales contracts with global or significant impact to the corporation. The Contract Manager will work cross-functionally with other business areas, e.g. finance, law, operations, and provide guidance and interpretation to business leaders regarding contractual rights and obligations. The Contracts manager must bring a strong business understanding and execute with an appreciative balance between business competitiveness and financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
• Perform Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution of contractual documents that establish relationships with customers and/or partners, including Non Disclosure Agreements, Sales / Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Distribution/Resale Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, and review of customer proposed terms and conditions
• Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Act as contractual “middleman” between legal, sales and customers, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations. Ensure exception terms are business aligned and achievable.
• Prepare redlined recommendations and often negotiate directly with customer attorneys or procurement staff until consensus has been reached
• Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
• Develop and implement procedures and policy for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy.
• Provide Risk Management recommendations to business leaders and work with Finance to coordinate contractual insurance requirements
• Work with Finance to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls etc. May include ‘financial engineering’ and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options.
• Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
• Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.)
• Work with Operations to ensure Service Level Agreement Compliance
• Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
Skills and Talents
• Significant ability to influence senior corporate management and to communicate with command
• Excellent presentation, teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment.
• Proven program management ability.
• Global perspective of business environment and technology.
• High degree of independent and creative judgment
• Advanced degree and 5+ years business experience.
• Proven history of critical contractual formation
• Experience performing strategic risk-reward decisions applied to the highest-level goals and objectives of the corporation.
• Experience managing agreements in high technology products and services, international contracting, strategic partnering, or other highly complex contractual arrangements.
• Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) or Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) highly desirable.
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 36 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,200 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 13 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
National Instruments - 12 months ago
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...