New York City-based Borderfree is the recognized market leader in international ecommerce, operating a technology and services platform that the world’s most iconic brands rely on to expand globally and transact with customers in 103 countries and territories and more than 60 currencies worldwide. Borderfree manages all aspects of international online retailing including: localized pricing and payment processing, landed cost calculation, customs clearance and brokerage, fraud management, logistics orchestration, and customer-experience parity. For more information, visit www.borderfree.com .
The Sales Coordinator assists the sales organization in any and all facets of the sales process. This role will be the consummate “point guard”, creating, assessing, and distributing opportunities to the Borderfree sales force, enabling new business to be won. The successful candidate will be ready to learn quickly and hit the ground running as part of a fast-paced, consistently growing market leader. You must be comfortable managing your own time and priorities, organizing your own work, and managing CRM applications including Salesforce and Pardot to help streamline the sales effort and increase efficiencies. You will be comfortable initiating contact and communicating with senior level decision makers. You have all the tools to be a full-fledged sales executive, and aspire to grow into that role over time.
- Outbound prospecting via email, phone, networking
- Inbound lead qualification and management, including seamless handoff to, or partnership with, a sales executive once qualified
- Dissemination of non-sales inquiries to appropriate teams (customer care, fraud, marketing, business development, logistics)
- Administrative management of all aspects of the sales process via CRM applications including Salesforce and Pardot
- Learn and become an expert on all aspects of the Borderfree product, and from the perspective of any domain: ecommerce, back office, logistics, finance/treasury, legal, compliance, marketing and merchandising
- Learn and become an expert on all competitive products and services
- Special projects in partnership with other company functions as assigned
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years sales experience, preferably in the e-commerce industry
- Interest in and knowledge of the fashion and retail verticals
- Experience cold-calling to successful conclusions, via email, phone, and networking
- Ability to ask the right questions and rapidly qualify inbound leads
- Comfortable on the phone for significant periods of the day
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication, written and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, IM, phone, and face-to-face conversation
- A fast learner who expects to contribute from day one
- Ambition to grow and be successful in a sales role
- Comfortable with all Microsoft Office applications and/or iWork applications
- Experience with CRM applications including Salesforce