Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:|
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using a combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of hotel structure and how all departments interact
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to comprehend and communicate job function
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate with the supervisor and sales managers, including notification of pertinent information
- Attention to detail and the willingness to receive process and resolve guest requests to achieve customer satisfaction
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and complete all work assigned
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent stressful and unusual interruptions
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Ability to take directions
- Excellent people skills, energetic personality
- Meet/exceed customer expectations
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Delphi
oHigh School or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree preferred
oPrior hotel or hospitality experience preferred
oMust maintain a neat, clean, and well groomed appearance per Hotel and or Stanford Hotels standards
Perform all secretarial duties for designated sales staff, including, but not limited to, correspondence, files, telephone communications, preparation of contracts, reports, travel arrangements and any other tasks assigned. This position requires "self-management," i.e., the Administration Assistant must recognize the tasks needing attention, being able to prioritize them and act without specific direction. Have the knowledge of Delphi, Excel, and Word.
- Monitor phones, process calls for meeting rooms, sales and catering group inquiries. Provide information requested
- Handle paperwork for the booking of groups
- Coordinate with other departments as needed
- Prepare and send mailings, sales packets. Collect and distribute correspondence (via mail, faxes, etc.)
- Assist Sales manager and Director of Sales in all administrative/ clerical activities
- Prepare, produce and monitor reports as needed, i.e. Weekly Booking Report, Month-end Reports.
- Manage accounting tasks for department including expense reports, invoices and expenses.
- Manage and order office supplies as needed
- Produce weekly; monthly; and annual sales production reports
- Other duties as needed
- Regular attendance in conformance with standards, which may be established by Hotel /Stanford Hotels from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Hcareers.com - 13 months ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...