At Pandora we have a single mission: To play only the music you'll love. (Okay, we've added comedy as well – so we're also up for playing some jokes you'll love). To do this, it takes lots and lots of smart, self-motivated, and passionate people. Our teams are innovating in everything we do — from our playlists, to our ad services, to making Pandora available everywhere. All of that is in the service of building the best product we can, so that you can simply enjoy the music.
At Pandora, we speak, breathe and play radio. We're an eclectic mix of musicians, engineers, sales superstars and tech pros with a common goal: improving our product and bringing awesome music to you. Regardless of the device in your pocket, car you drive, computer you use or the TV in your home, we strive to bring you a flawless and personalized music experience!
Pandora Media is looking for a Sales Development Manager to work in our Chicago office. The right individual will be a key contributor in developing competitive and persuasive sales and marketing materials, including creative integrated marketing programs and sales content.
- Support national sales teams to develop creative marketing solutions to present to their brand partners.
- Create integrated promotional concepts to incorporate in RFP responses.
- Develop proactive pitches for key strategic clients
- Build strong relationships and work closely across all internal teams including ad solutions, creative services, marketing, sales planning and research as the key communicator and connection point between sales and the support organizations.
- Take leadership role on strategic process, ensuring teams are activated at the right time
- Design sales strategies to open new advertising verticals.
- Become experts in key vertical categories
- Participate and present in client meetings.
- Develop creative and strategic sales materials and presentations including advertising mocks.
- Identify and participate in relevant trade shows & road shows.
- Compile data resources (users, demographics, comparisons, research, etc.)
- Develop case studies
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in online sales marketing
- Solid understanding of internet marketing, including advertising sales and consumer marketing
- Proven experience in developing strategic, creative, innovative and effective proposals and marketing materials for an advertising sales team in an online media company.
- An understanding of the advertising process including how clients work with media, and creative agencies and sales process overall.
- Proven ability to manage multiple internal client and external customer relationships
- Proven ability to develop concepts and ideas which are effective online and deliver value to our advertisers and users.
- Comfortable making presentations to clients and agency partners.
- Harnesses a variety of inputs to develop consumer understanding. Can distinguish between information and insight. Is able to quickly identify insights that address issues and will drive revenue growth
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and internal team members.
- Self-motivated, driven, organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience utilizing syndicated research, including Nielsen NetRatings, @plan, AIM, and ComScore.
- Travel (5-10% of the time)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong PowerPoint, Photoshop and Excel skills
- Love of music
Pandora - 9 months ago