Sales Director, Higher Education
General Manager, Institutional Solutions
New England states, NJ, NY, OH. Candidate must live in one of these states.
Tutor.com is a great place for talented, hands-on people who have a passion for education, and like to get things done. We’re the world leader in live, online tutoring--our tutors have served over eight million students. We have some big opportunities, and we need a great salesperson that can work hard, work smart, and keep multiple projects on track at the same time. If this sounds like a fun and rewarding challenge, we’d like to hear from you
Tutor.com currently has an opening for an experienced executive serving Higher Education to join our organization. The ideal candidate will have prior success structuring relationships and working with Higher Educational institutions using a highly consultative approach. You should be adept at uncovering opportunities, navigating a competitive landscape and closing complex deals.
The Sales Director, Higher Education will have an individual sales target and will be responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing customer relationships within an assigned geographic territory. Due to the size of the territory and the potential business opportunities, travel may be required up to 30% to 40% of the time.
Candidate Qualifications and Characteristics
- Drive the sales and closing process within established territory.
- Aggressively pursue and rapidly qualify leads to verify interest and availability of funding.
- Coordinate and conduct regular sales calls with key clients and prospects, including delivery of strategic sales presentations via webinar and in person with the highest level of professionalism.
- Accelerate school adoption by effectively navigating complex sales processes that includes multiple decision makers and influencers at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure company staff and management is informed of customer and prospect trends as well as product performance and service needs.
- Develop accurate forecast with defined funding sources and required steps to closure.
- Coordinate pre and post sale management of customer relationships, including other departments (marketing, product development, provider management, etc.).
- Five or more years of successful performance selling high-ticket products and/or services to Higher Ed using a consultative approach.
- Proven experience working in a key account management role identifying and partnering with Higher Education administrators and faculty.
- Exceptional sales skills: needs analysis, positioning, justification and closing.
- Excellent "Business Sense" for evaluating sales opportunities in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong customer relationship building and management skills.
- Strong communications skills to develop and deliver presentations, proposals and to contribute information needed for ongoing customer reports.
- Understanding of the Higher Ed budgeting and funding models including federal and state funding sources available, particularly within assigned territory.
- Knowledge of future industry trends and technologies, as well as the benefits and challenges of technology-based initiatives within a college/university environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, project management and problem solving skills.
- Experience in a collaborative team environment that includes Marketing, Sales and Client Services.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM preferred.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Sandi White, GM, Institutional Solutions, at email@example.com with “Sales Director, Higher Education” in the subject.
- Compensation including salary plus commission commensurate with qualifications
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Disability (short and long term) options
- Paid PTO time for holidays, personal days, sick days
- Unlimited free online tutoring for family
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth, advancement, and leadership within an innovative but stable growing company
Tutor.com, Inc. - 19 months ago
Tutor.com is the world’s largest and highest-rated online learning service. Providing live, on-demand, one-to-one learning solutions...