Byron Park is a full-service senior living community offering a unique environment for residents to share their passions while enjoying a quality lifestyle. If you are someone who has a passion for seniors and customer service, we are looking for you! We are looking for genuine, motivated, caring people to join our team.
The Sales Director is responsible for the entire sales process that results in prospective residents moving in to the community including generating leads, qualifying leads, documenting prospective resident data, planning and implementing follow-up activities, achieving agreement and obtaining deposits. Effectively uses sales tools throughout the process. Manages successful transitions from where the sales process ends and the move-in and welcome process (managed by operations) begins, to ensure a smooth and welcoming resident experience.
Essential duties and functions:
- Plans and conducts outreach activities to generate a pipeline of interest and potential customers to move into the community.
- Networks with local community professional organizations, realtors, doctors, medical centers, community groups, and more, in order to spread the Kisco story and generate potential leads.
- Conducts Open Houses and other types of events to bring more customers into the community.
- Coordinates with dining, wellness and other team members to organize and implement successful events.
- Delivers presentations to community groups to educate constituents about senior living options with Kisco in order to generate interest and referrals for the community.
- Actively works on asking for and obtaining referrals of seniors or family members from a variety of sources.
- Consistently focuses referral effort on residents and family members as the most successful source of referral that leads to a move-in.
- Discovers pertinent customer needs and preferences.
- Uses Kisco's lead qualification criteria to qualify a senior to live in the community.
- Codes the appropriate status code to a prospective resident based on the potential length of time to make a deposit.
- Determines next steps based on status and source type.
Maintains Customer Information:
- Captures accurate data regarding potential residents in the company's lead management system.
- Maintains ongoing notes that guide action and advance the sale.
- Analyzes sales reports and other data to further improve sales ratios.
- Completes weekly reports as requested.
Conducts Sales Activities:
- Connects with prospective customers and contacts on a regular basis to promote continued interest in moving into the community, including phone calls, in-home visits, invitations to the community, email, letters, etc.
- Organizes and conducts tours for prospective customers.
- Effectively uses a variety of connection methods that provide value to the customer and fosters further interest in the community.
- Asks for and is successful at getting deposits from prospective residents.
- Maintains interest in depositors prior to move-in.
Other Management Responsibilities:
Excellent sales competencies required, including the ability to build rapport and listen, discover customer needs and preferences using skilled questioning techniques, present the Kisco story and the community to a variety of audiences, maintain high performance ratios of activity to move-ins, and skillfully handle objections. Must be able to apply these sales skills in person and over the phone with compassion with senior customers, their adult children and other family members. Has a strong drive to meet sales goals and earn incentives. Is able to positively impact the greater community's perceptions of Kisco through a professional image and presence. Has intermediate to advanced knowledge of computers including Outlook, Word, Excel, customer database programs, and the internet. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Participates on the community management team and role models the Kisco Principles, Values, and Beliefs and business practices to all associates and residents.
- Complies at all times with KISCO standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient community operations.
- Supervises and develops assistant sales director and/or move-in coordinator (where applicable).
- Utilizes KISCO Cash and other recognition programs for all associates.
- Conducts daily stand up meeting (5 minute) with ED and community sales staff to review goals and strategies for the day.
- Approaches all encounters with residents and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Performs other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
Must be able to conduct tours of the community. Must be able to visit with outreach appointments in the greater community. Must have the audio and visual acuity to interact with customers and other contacts. Must be able to work flexible schedules and weekend hours. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently or constantly to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
College graduate preferred. Four years sales experience with excellent closing abilities. Previous experience with seniors a plus.
Kisco Senior Living, LLC - 19 months ago