The successful candidate will have existing relationships with key clients, and be able to successfully generate new business in the marketplace through sales with Agencies and Brands. Candidate will also manage and maintain a working sales forecast and educate partners on new solutions designed to reach their audience in scale.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring execution of the developed sales strategies, objectives, goals and targeted revenue generation
- Must be able to articulate Millennial Media’s overall business objectives and value proposition to the advertising community
- Assist with strategic advertising deals on the Millennial product suite
- Assist Sales Management in defining and identifying potential sales targets
- Effectively distribute information to Sales
- Inform other departments of Sales needs through feedback
- Promote cooperative relationships with Core Company Partners
- Will prospect, cultivate and close mobile advertising revenue.
- Will lead a team of sales employees.
- Manage client relationships through day-to-day contact with the client, looking for opportunities to up-sell, and ensuring clients receive superior customer service.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Sell consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, and the effects of the problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of SALESFORCE.com to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Position requires a sales quota goal to be maintained.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, employees and external clients
- Ability to maintain own work flow and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate proven ability to manage teams effectively.
- Ability to possess strong communication (both verbal and written), and customer service skills, and exchange information with others clearly and concisely
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines when work speed and sustained accuracy are paramount
- Required to maintain and achieve sales quotas.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of advertising sales/sales support experience.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 25% as needed, w illingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
Millennial Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Millennial Media - 19 months ago