1.Key Areas of Accountability/ Responsibility:|
A. Develop solid and long-term influential relationships with key decision makers at all levels in the assigned customer base.
B. Develop in depth knowledge and understanding of the customers products and industry, value chain, applications, end markets to exploit all available business opportunities
C.Ability to understand and influence customers hardware architecture in order to position NXP's solutions
D. Initiate and report design-in programs and identify new projects in co-ordination with BU’s/ BL´s utilizing internal forecast tool.
E. Propose and agree on revenue goals and budgets. Increase sales, market share and ensure contract fulfillment to achieve or exceed budget.
F.Drive contract awards in alignment with relevant stakeholders.
G. Prepare forecast. Understand and interpret customer supply chain, production plans, ramp-up/-downs, and communicate related product demand (RFF / MTP / STP).
H. Work closely with customer service personnel to provide product and pricing information. Understand customer pricing bandwidth. Report back on competition.
I. Understand service level request of the customer and measures performance accordingly (vendor rating). Drives improvement activities as needed to improve customer loyalty.
J. Develop and maintain an intimate working knowledge of the customer’s supply chain from demand creation through demand fulfillment and manufacturing.
K. Target key design-in opportunities and tailor NXP value propositions to establish differentiating plus sustainable advantage.
L.Ensures required internal and external reporting takes place.
- Extensive hardware architecture and High systems / applications solutions complexity
- Significant value design-in projects
- Typically local or area scope and market dynamics
Dedicated sales budget, likely between 40-50 M Euro’s.
Cooperates with colleagues in multi-disciplinary teams within NXP to leverage opportunities.
Personal/ job requirements
Main drivers for success/ top three Performance Indicators
- Track-record (5 years plus) of success in commercial roles or customer facing business roles
- Solid experience in Semiconductors industry – minimum of 5 years
- Preferably some experience of marketing/ product marketing
- Engineering background (BSEE or equivalent), good technology understanding in the relevant technology area
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Good social and interpersonal skills
- Multi-culturally sensitive, able to adapt behaviour to situation
- Process and quality oriented
Differentiating factors for grade level within range:
- Revenue to Budget
- Design-Wins / Print Position
- Market share
- Size and scope of designated sales responsibility within the area sales team
- Value and strategic importance to the PD of business opportunities of the assigned account base
- Direct personal contribution/track record in successes achieved with the account base - evidence successes.
- Ability and potential; to develop further on the professional ladder within the M&S organization
- Delegated flexibility and authority in the area of contract negotiations and budget setting process – seniority in the job.
- Depths and credibility of personal relationships with key decision makers in the assigned account base.
NXP Semiconductors has a full menu of chips to choose from. The one-time semiconductor unit of Philips is one of the largest chip makers in...