Sales Engineer – Retail Accounts
Sales | San Francisco, CA
RichRelevance powers personalized shopping experiences for the world’s largest and most innovative retail brands, including Walmart, Sears, Target and others. Founded and led by the e-commerce expert who helped pioneer personalization at Amazon.com, RichRelevance helps retailers increase sales and customer engagement by recommending the most relevant products to consumers regardless of the channel they are shopping.RichRelevance has delivered more than $5.5 billion in attributable sales for its retail clients to date, and is accelerating these results with the introduction of a new form of digital advertising called Shopping Media which allows manufacturers to engage shoppers where it matters most -- in the digital aisles on the largest retail sites in world. RichRelevance is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York, Seattle, Boston, and London, and has been twice recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area.
Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field salesforce, responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate capabilities and product positioning to both business and technical users at all levels. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of web technologies, personalization and ecommerce software development. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports to internal teams.
Works with internal groups (marketing, client services, engineering ) updating product presentation content, vetting customer requests
- Develops and delivers product and technology demonstrations to technical and non-technical groups
- Delivers technical and functional presentations to customer groups, technical, business up to and including C-Level executives
- Responds to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Conveys customer requirements and solutions to internal Client Services and Product Management teams
- Identifies technical hurdles early in the deal cycle and works to overcome any hurdles using available resources
Willingness to travel up to 50%
RichRelevance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
- 5+ years relevant experience in enterprise software sales
- Solution-selling and complex sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of backend web architectures
- Ecommerce Industry experience preferred
- Digital Advertising Industry experience preferred
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Previous experience in presentation tools and preparation preferred
- Previous development experience preferred
RichRelevance is the leading provider of dynamic e-commerce personalization for the world's largest retailers, including WalMart, Overstock...