Our client, a major global telecommunications provider is seeking a Sales Engineer to act as a Global Communications Consultant, providing sound strategic direction, commercial management, and network design guidance to customers, Account Executives and other internal and external resources. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, specifying and advising on the most suitable global communications solution to satisfy customer needs in the USA and offshore
- Conducting surveys of the telecommunications needs of customers. Analyzing information flows, performing technical systems and financial analysis of complex telecommunications customer systems and networks
- Participating in the preparation and presentation of sales proposals to customer decision-makers. If necessary, developing cost/benefit data to be included in proposals.
- Preparing tender responses and non-standard contracts with the assistance of legal advisers where necessary.
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of Global Communications market including knowledge on global developments, industry competitors and technology developments, and communicate this to staff as necessary.
- Sourcing competitive pricing from existing suppliers for special projects RFP’s, specific proposals and / or competitive bids.
- Maintaining and exacting market competitive rates from suppliers.
- Developing new products, services or offerings from newly identified suppliers and packaging these services for global customers.
- Developing new SLA’s for specific opportunities and customers.
- Developing product and / or services launches in specific areas (eg: voice plans) for specific customer requirements
- Supporting RPSW documentation and its management.
- Represent the company on Industry Panels and major industry conferences.
- Minimum of BS / BE degree
- Equivalent of 5 years experience in telecommunications, software or IT industries, in an Engineering, Sales Engineering or Commercial capacity.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate/Network Professional preferred but not essential.
- Fluency in English required. Fluent in second language preferred (specifically Cantonese, Portugese, Spanish).
- Specific knowledge on telecommunications technology including but not limited to: ATM, FR, IP, MPLS, IPL, xDLS, cable modems, Internet, Dedicated Voice, Switched Voice, Toll Free services, muxes, routers and global cable systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TDM, SDH/SONET, Wavelength based technologies, Ethernet, IP, and MPLS technologies.
The Woods Group is an executive search firm, focusing on positions in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, as well as nationwide.