Customer Solutions Executive, Large Enterprise Americas: Southern California
The Solutions Executive is a very senior role requiring significant diverse skills and experiences within IT. The person in this role strives to be a partner with the CTO/CIO, and is a subject matter expert at aligning IT to business needs. The Solutions Executive is the lead architect for designing the exact right solution that will likely encompass all Dell lines of business as well as applications, middleware, and Dell partner products. To be successful in this role, the Solutions Executive must have the following attributes and skills:
The Solutions Executive is guided by business plans and strategy.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on the industry, the Dell business model and competitors.
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization/models effective team leadership.
- Works with customers in complex business environments to devise new and innovative solutions to business challenges.
- Anticipates customer needs beyond existing scope of enterprise/client products and services.
The Solutions Executive models effective team leadership.
- Executes goals and strategy within sales area.
- Contributes to strategic decisions.
- Initiates new or revised sales procedures, programs and initiatives.
- Assesses and determines priorities within sales area.
- Structures and implements sales plans within the context of established strategy.
printers, peripherals and other hardware.
- Sells multiple LOBs and/or high-end services (e.g. managed / professional services).
- Sells primarily enterprise products and managed services with additional sale of computers,
- Sells to large size accounts.
- Sells to CEO, CIO, CTO, etc and may sell to purchasing groups or other decision-making authorities (NGO government boards etc…).
- Will typically deal with more than one decision maker.
- Anticipates how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Dell products and services.
- Long-term vision of business/technology direction for Dell.
- Advises customers/Dell on strategic business and technology plans.
- Effectively exercises power and influences key decisions for the benefit of Dell and the customer.
- Sells to multiple industries.
- Able to provide direction to less senior sales team members. Financial and business acumen are essential.
- Gains access and manages relationships with executive level technical staff and decision makers.
- Devises new approaches/methods to selling Dell enterprise/client products and services.
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment.
- Verifies roles and responsibilities required to support account team.
- Synthesizes market and industry data to provide thought leadership to position value of the Dell solution.
- Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position Dell solution.
- Provides counsel across account team in analyzing customer requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution using breadth of Dell products and services.
- This position will be a home/remote based position and candidate must reside in the immediate Los Angeles or surrounding area. No relocation to this area will be offered at this time. This position will require 25-50% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7-10 years in IT sector selling enterprise based technology solutions.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales quota; experience selling into Fortune 1000 size customers.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver practical business solutions based on enterprise understanding of the customer’s operational capability and total asset/value portfolio.
- Extensive experience selling technical solutions in support of medium, large and very large accounts.
- Extensive experience conducting system integration
- Focuses on the “vital few” priorities that will have the greatest impact to the customer and business.
- Providing end-to-end complex IT sales; extensive enterprise HW/SW/Services sales experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...