JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Communication: Applicant must possess excellent oral and verbal communications skills. The applicant must be able to positively and professionally interact with all levels of Management, outside vendors, and co-workers in order to create strong working relationships. Applicant must write and speak effectively, clearly, and concisely, listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving: Applicant should be able to anticipate problems, see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution.
- Initiative: Applicant must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision, must be able to work as a team member in a continuous improvement environment, and must possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in different stages with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
- Leadership: The applicant must possess the ability to engage others towards results and manage the completion of tasks within established guidelines and timeframes.
- Creativity: The applicant must posses the ability to create novel solutions, make constructive suggestions, adapt established methods for new uses, and pursue creative strategies.
- Customer Service: Applicant must be customer service oriented and be able to professionally interact with customers via e-mail, phone, or in person. The applicant must ensure that quality customer service is provided to all customers, external or internal.
- Presentation Skills: The applicant must possess outstanding technical presentation skills to create and participate in pre-sales, post-sales training programs, and sales presentations.
Prior experience should demonstrate specialized knowledge within the Sales Engineering field and ability to lead projects.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent experience required.
- Related Experience: 5 - 10 years related experience required: ADTRAN and Cisco product experience (or relevant experience in key competitor products) as well as Pre-Sales technical support experience required.
Knowledge of relevant solution sets, product specifications, performance criteria and end user applications.
Competitive knowledge including solutions, technology and product offerings.
Understanding and conversant about company, solutions, product strengths and weaknesses.
Advanced Technology Support Program (ATSP), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) is preferred.
- Equipment/Software Skills: Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with IP Routing, Ethernet Switching, VoIP, IP Telephony, VPN, Security, 802.11 Wi-Fi, Remote Access, Voice/Video, LAN & WAN, baseline SE, and Transmissions Systems required.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel Expectations: Extensive travel required: 60% or more out of office, 40% or more overnight stays.
- Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is regularly required to stand, sit, and move around within the office. This position also requires physical box handling to include: lifting, packing, placing boxes on cart, and transporting within the building or internal mail area for shipping. There may be an occasional need to kneel or crouch and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This position will require an incumbent to be able to maneuver large shipping containers (up to 150 lbs) several times a week in order to send and receive training related materials to/from customers.
- Sensory: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft, write and enter necessary data into a computer or upload to websites. Ability to effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mental/Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Capability to objectively perform analytical evaluations of customer options using ADTRAN and non-ADTRAN products in wide area network applications.
This Sales Engineer will be responsible for supporting field engagement activities including; overview presentations, pre and post sales visits, assisting with lab and field trials, and troubleshooting, training, installing, implementing, and providing other customer support as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct account and partner responsibilities for assigned territories.
- Maintain a current knowledge base and skills set including; relevant competitive solutions sets, ADTRAN product specifications, performance criteria, end-user applications, and customer requirements.
- Provide technical and sales support including demonstrations, evaluations, and training for accounts in assigned territory.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects.
- Assist in the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with Proposals, Marketing, Corporate, Engineering, etc. to ensure that information is consistently up-to-date and accurate.
- Participate in strategic meetings with cross-functional members in order to identify issues, client requirements, processes, and timelines of final products to be delivered to clients.
- Actively participate in product requirements and direction.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of and consistently convey ADTRAN brand and company specifics, competitive customer solutions, as well as product strengths and weaknesses.
- Ensure the final deliverable product is functional, meets the customers' needs, and upholds the ADTRAN brand.
- Maintain a professional and positive image of the ADTRAN brand
- Prompt and regular on-site, meeting, and office attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
Adtran - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard