This position offers you the opportunity to enjoy all the "fun" aspects of sales meeting people, helping solve technical issues, visiting sites, etc. while others grind out the deal and fill out the paperwork. In essence, you will support the sale of new natural gas fueling stations throughout the western United States, providing the technical acumen to help clients understand what differentiates Clean Energy from our competitors. At Clean Energy you'll be working in a company that has been enjoying strong growth, even during the recession, and is leading America toward a future of reduced dependence on foreign oil and an expanding market for alternative fuels. In addition you'll join a down-to-earth Engineering group, work in a great atmosphere, and contribute to environmentally responsible projects.
To be a good fit for the opportunity of Sales Engineer, you will have:
Clean Energy is the leading provider of natural gas fuel for transportation in North America. With experience and expertise built over more than a decade, we are committed to helping our customers companies operating all kinds of fleets from big rigs to public transit to taxis to solid waste trucks gain the measurable advantages of natural gas fueling. We have more than 1000 employees globally, we distribute products globally, and our revenues in 2011 grew 38% to $293 million.
- A bachelor's or associate's degree OR significant relevant experience in a technical area such as Engineering, Industrial Technology, or Construction Technology.
- Experience selling or providing technical / engineering sales support, ideally with gas compressors (natural gas, air, nitrogen, helium, etc.).
- Strong mechanical aptitude and familiarity with aspects of mechanical, civil and electrical engineering.
- The ability to support the RFP process, read technical specifications and develop technical writeups for proposals.
- Fluency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word), MS Project Scheduling and Acrobat.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with customers at all levels from smaller "mom-and-pop" customers up to CEOs of larger companies.
Clean Energy - 2 years ago