Wiley Global Education
Wiley Global Education uniquely understands the process of designing and implementing innovative learning experiences and comprehensive solutions that address today’s higher education challenges. Through trusted collaborative relationships, Wiley Global Education provides innovative content, technology, services, and insights that support its education partners to achieve improved institutional performance and learners to achieve their goals.
The Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Sales Engineer must be able to align prospective customer’s technical needs with product capabilities through all stages of the sales process. This person should be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with executives, technical evaluators, and potential users throughout the sales process.
• Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
• Responsible for representing the product to prospects and at events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
• Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
• Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
• Ability to travel
• Ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in supporting the software sales process and a knowledge of technology.
• Experience building compelling sales presentations and leading presentations with a wide range of audiences.
• Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally, both written and orally.
• Must have demonstrated experience in identifying a customer’s needs and aligning the technology solution to match those requirements.
• Must be prepared for travel.
• 3-5+ years relevant experience in a technical selling or sales engineer position
• Experience and familiarity with higher education is a plus, with knowledge of the major systems in higher education of high value
• Bachelors degree required with a technical degree preferred
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
Deltak has been actively supporting the academic community since 1996. Today, Deltak provides a wide array of high quality services and...