Candidate does not have to relocate, can work from home or nearby office. Excellent opportunity for sales engineer who has sold engineered made to order castings or forgings to aerospace industry.
Ground floor Opportunity!!!! Help build this business.
Major Duties & Activities Required by the Position:
• Successfully sell casting and forging services to the aerospace industry or to suppliers to the aerospace industry. .
o Prospect for new customers & follow-up on leads
o Make sales calls and presentations to potential and existing customers
o Develop proposals to gain new business.
o Generate quote requests from customers and follow-up internally and with customers.
o Work closely with company locations to successfully and expeditiously respond to customer quote requests and other needs.
o Work with customers to resolve technical issues.
o View manufacturing processes at the customer to identify areas we can help.
• Attend and work at industry events and exhibitions to meet with customers and new prospects.
• Follow-up on leads regularly.
• Develop sales proposals for customers.
• Research for new prospects.
• Interact with division staff to generate new leads, discuss opportunities and help close sales.
• Complete travel arrangements.
• Utilize company resources efficiently and responsibly (money, time, tools, etc.).
• Complete duties in Salesforce.com weekly which includes but is not limited to:
o Face to face customer meetings – detailed notes
o Customer meeting notes
o Lead follow-up
o Strategic plans
o Quote follow-up
o Market intelligence
• Participate in weekly review of top 10 opportunities and gather voice of the customer information utilizing a “sales gemba” process.
• Generate opportunities and close sales using a complex selling strategy (Miller Hieman).
• Keep management informed of developments in the marketplace and among customer and competitors. Also gather market and customer intelligence.
• Identify potential new products/capabilities that would enhance position in the marketplace.
• Identify potential new opportunities to create value at our customers.
• Participate in regular strategic customer meetings and corporate sales meetings.
• Participate in training activities which include meetings, reading, team discussions, seminars and corporate training.
o Bachelors degree preferred in engineering, business, or similar.
o Minimum 5 years experience in a role with face to face customer interaction.
o Minimum of 3 years experience in aerospace or equivalent technical field.
o Prior casting and/or forging experience a plus.
• Skills & Abilities:
o Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
o Excellent oral & written communication skills.
o Strong organization and planning skills.
o Strong computer skills (ability to use Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office products, especially PowerPoint).
o Detail oriented
Expectation is weekly travel and conducting an average of 4 meetings per week.
Must be highly motivated and a self-starter and able to work without daily supervision.
FPC - 11 months ago
We are a well respected national executive search firm comprising over 65 independently owned and operated offices serving more than 40...