Honeywell International is a $31 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 125,000 employees in 120 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Sensing and Control (S&C) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). S&C is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensors, switches, machine safeguarding and other devices for a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) applications in the aerospace, medical, transportation, industrial, and test and measurement sectors.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer to drive sales of Honeywell’s product portfolio in the central U.S. region.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager (ASM), with a strong dotted line to the Industrial NDM, the Industrial Sales Application Specialist/Sales Engineer (SAS) will primarily provide direct support, application guidance and training to a group of assigned Industrial Distributors located in the central US states. This role will also provide the manufactures’ reps and the vertical sales teams with support and guidance in qualifying and closing NBO’s with new and existing customers when directed by the ASM.
- Primary Accountability is to meet/exceed Regional Revenue plan in assigned territory and through teaming with designated distributors.
- Responsible for developing appropriate strategies to drive sales of the company’s product portfolio through effective teaming with assigned distributors.
- Support the Area Sales Manager (ASM) and Industrial National Distribution Manager (NDM) leadership by driving regional goals for Authorized Distributors (ADs) through execution against specific actions defined in Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Assist in developing and implementing line of business (LOB) growth strategies and initiatives within their territory (assigned AD’s) as defined by ASM/NDM and Product Leadership. SAS is responsible for driving growth in both Electronic Sensors (ES)/Electro Mechanical (EM) line of businesses and in all measurands (as applicable based on market specifics)
- Provide strategic guidance and training to assigned ADs on products, markets, customers and applications which are consistent with ASM/LOB objectives.
- Effective utilization of factory resources to support customer programs/customer satisfaction and to drive new business opportunity (NBO) growth in the region. This is done through effective qualifying of issues/opportunities locally prior to requesting additional support
- Provide technical and selling expertise to ADs at target industrial customers (OEM and MRO) to maintain existing business and to drive NBO closure at existing and new customers. This includes supporting new product introduction (NPI) process by teaming with local ADs to develop target customer list and deploy a campaign around NBO development.
- Drive effective NBO generation activities through lead qualification and teaming with the ADs which results in capturing new business revenue in the SASs defined region.
- Evaluates and manages strategic business opportunities, initiatives and sales programs with AD partners. Initiates deployment strategies, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs with AD’s at target accounts.
This position requires a highly motivated, self-confident individual of the highest integrity who possesses a wide range of knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition, this position requires an individual to be selected based on the following criteria:
B.S. Degree in Engineering
Minimum of 3-5 years of high level OEM sales
Sustained mastery level performance/Multiple sales, leadership recognitions or awards
Proven strategic problem solving expertise.
Ability and experience in successfully driving business projects through cross-functional teams (initiating project design, planning the project's execution, managing schedules, and driving internal communication).
Successful experience calling on Senior Management at Customers.
Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural, global business environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Job : Sales
Primary Location : USA-MN-Golden Valley
Other Locations : USA-IL-Chicago
Education Level : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Relocation Available : No
SBG : ACS
University Relations Requisition : No
APPLY DIRECTLY AT OUR WEBSITE
Sales Careers Online - 22 months ago
Honeywell Inc. is a controls company that develops and supplies advanced-technology products, systems and services to homes and buildings,...