Description of Activities
- Maintaining contact with and giving advice to the Sales and Service Organisation of Howden, representatives, customers, engineering firms, users, industry associations and competitors through sales calls, telephone contact, correspondence, exhibitions and seminars.
- Initiating and executing sales activities, follow-up of new projects and ongoing offers.
- Being completely informed about the current market conditions and developments.
- Assist in the development of an annual plan for sales activities.
- Technical assessment of contract specifications.
- Selection of fans using the CF-P20 software.
- Commercial assessment of and advice on contract terms and prices.
- Providing offers.
- Concluding and accepting contracts within the limits of his/her powers.
- Determining and recording the needs and complaints of the customer.
- Contract review of orders received.
- Maintaining the database of contacts.
- To increase customer satisfaction you are expected to contribute to improving the functioning of the department by providing ideas.
Knowledge and experience
- Commercial / technical background that can be equated with higher professional or university level training or experience
- Good language skills: excellent command of English.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Handling capital goods contracts in business-to-business markets.
- Knowledge of Howden Cooling Fans products and their applications in the respective markets and CF-P20 software for the selection of Howden fans, and knowledge of the competitors of Howden Cooling Fans; familiarity with all other products/activities of the Howden Power companies.
- Knowledge of general industrial technical and quality specifications, such as AMCA, API and ISO.
- Knowledge of QA procedures and standards that apply to the function.
- Ability to work with a PC running Microsoft Windows and Office software.
Mediate between the customer and Howden to ensure that our customer’s need for refrigeration products is met and in particular promote the Howden Netherlands product line. For that purpose he/she must communicate verbally and in writing through sales calls, telephone calls, offers, letters, receiving visitors, organising seminars for product training and visiting trade fairs. Responsible for achieving the desired sales results he/she has helped determine. Initiate sales activities in conjunction with the Howden organisation and officers within his/her district. Know in advance in what situations advice should be sought from the Sales Manager and/or General Manager of Marketing & Sales. Will perform all of his/her tasks according to the guidelines outlined in the latest Policy Deployment Matrix (PDM) and the guidelines outlined in the procedures of Howden Netherlands.
The Commodity Sales Engineer is responsible for:
- achieving the desired sales performance.
- retaining existing customers and securing new customers.
- the technical and commercial content of offers and contracts.
- maintaining the database of contacts.
- preparing a periodic sales report.
- Internally with and within the Contracts, Engineering, Operations and Service departments during the drafting of offers and contract reviews.
- Externally with the Service and Sales department of Howden, agents, customers, end users, trade associations and suppliers of goods and services to promote the products of HNL during visits and seminars and during contract negotiations.
- Clarity of expression.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing; excellent command of English.
- Providing information on HNL products, size capacity, pricing and applications to customers, users and representatives.
- Obtaining information on market conditions and competitiveness.
- Preparing offers.
- Planning sales activities.
Historically Howden produced the first successful twin rotary screw compressors in 1939 and continue to remain at the forefront of...