An opportunity to work for ITW, ranked 156 on the Fortune ® 500 and listed as one of the Most Admired Companies in the past years. Lumex, one of over 850 ITW business units around the world, is a designer, manufacturer and distributor of surge protection for a wide range of vertical markets. ITW Linx is looking for a candidate with three to five years working experience in the component industry selling active or passive devices through distribution channels and directly as part of OEM projects. The successful candidate will turn leads into long term business partnerships and who has excellent time management and prioritization skills as well as experience in engineering. The candidate will also be responsible for executing education of designated end-users and independent sale reps. Must be willing to travel 25% of the time. The successful candidate must have proven leadership skills, strong interpersonal communication and relationship building skills, presentation skills, electronics industry knowledge, the ability to uncover selling opportunities and close business, and the ability to work well with a team across departmental lines.
Responsibilities include driving the growth of an assigned territory via relationships with Distributors, end users and contractors, and consulting with each on solutions. The individual will be responsible for the planning of the territory sales and marketing strategy. The candidate will be experienced at consultative style technical selling and strong project management. They should have excellent interpersonal communications skills both written and verbal. They must also have a sense of urgency coupled with this strategic view to find optimal solutions involving all groups, including sales, engineering and operations.
- Meet or exceed specific monthly, quarterly and annual goals and objectives
- Manage key design, technical, procurement and marketing relationships at end user customers, distributors and contract manufacturing
- Identify and focus on target markets and customers with standard and customized solutions
- Aid in the support and coordination of activities within ITW Linx product marketing and inside sales to provide proper sales tools
- Develop and implement proper product training for Surge Protection products within the in Sales Rep network and Distributors
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field from a four-year college or university
- Zero to five years experience in the passive or active component industry
- Previous experience in the sales of surge protection products or related products is desirable
- Documented history of overachieving sales objectives
- Experience managing sales reps or a sales team preferred
- Computer skills and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Products
Excellent starting salary and benefits.
Please send your resume and salary history to:
Tamara McDonald email@example.com
ITW - 18 months ago