At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Schlage® , Thermo King® , and Trane® , contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
This position is responsible for driving the Customer Center sales activity. Traveling in a defined geographic area, this includes quoting and strategizing, prospecting, and developing relationships; to achieve revenue targets, maximize profits, increase market share and maintain customer loyalty.
1) Generate Revenue - Call on existing and new customers including competitive accounts, mailers and cold calls. Dealer management including communicating programs, updating pricing, tracking progress and motivating dealer sales personnel to succeed in selling Ingersoll Rand products (new machines, accessories, parts, rentals and energy/efficiency audits) and service agreements. Keep current with all product knowledge and training needed. Creatively provide solutions to customer needs.
2) Develop People - Provide selling skills and product/services training for dealer sales personnel as well as personnel within customer center.
3) Manage Cash - Ensure that all orders obtained are error-free. Ensure resolution of all customer disputes. Manage all costs associated with selling efforts, including travel and entertainment expenditures.
4) Ensure adherence to safety rules (vehicle safety, customer site safety) in the field, as well as in the center.
5) Earn Customer loyalty via troubleshooting to resolve customer satisfaction issues. Managing orders and working closely with the service team on active jobs. Service assistance as needed with product installation communications by resolving open issues.
6) Maintain quote log and face-to-face customer interactions in order management system. Record order follow-up activities (e.g. delivery), reporting requirements (email) and database requirements. Provide feedback on market conditions.
Bachelors Degree preferred; Engineering or Technical Degree preferred.
Three years sales experience with industrial products and services.
Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications required.
Excellent relationship-building skills, including verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
Industrial Technologies Closing:
Our Industrial Technologies sector provides products, services and solutions that enhance our customers' energy efficiency, productivity and operations. Industrial Technologies provides products, services and solutions to enhance customers’ productivity, energy efficiency and operations. Products include compressed air systems, tools, fluid power products, and golf and utility vehicles created by Club Car(R).
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...