As a member of KnowledgeTree’s sales team, the Sales Engineer continually monitors our sales transactions with an eye towards selling products and services in an effort to grow revenue. Your role is chiefly that of technical partner working in conjunction with our Account Executives and Account Managers to communicate the technical merits of our solutions during the sales process. You possess an inquisitive nature, and the consultative skills to prescribe KnowledgeTree solutions to potential and current customer base. You operate collaboratively within the sales team and post-sales staff helping to develop, write, and demonstrate the business case for high valued offerings. Your first priority is to solution the customer’s business document needs leveraging your technical acumen and effective communications skill and ensure a smooth transition to Customer Success staff after the sale.
- Assist in qualifying sales by engaging in the sales opportunity cycle through prescribing the technical benefits to the customer pains
- Take a collaborative approach with your sales counterparts to deepening the customer relationship, user adoption and utilization
- Assist customers in gaining awareness to the technical advantages of a KnowledgeTree solution uniquely positioned to solve customer business issues
- Provide custom product demonstrations and proof-of-concepts to both technical and management-level audiences
- Act as a liaison between the customer account and other KnowledgeTree departments i.e. product management, engineering, support etc.
- Identify areas of concern and investigate with the KT support team
- Keep accurate records in SFDC of all customer communication, contacts, resolutions, etc.
- Learn and maintain understanding of KnowledgeTree’s former and current product offering
- Help to develop and deliver KnowledgeTree best practices
- On occasion, be called on as a Technical Account Manager for limited customer engagements
- Participate in internal company meetings
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a technical support role (SE, implementation, product management) within an enterprise software technology organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field
- Cloud-based knowledge and experience required
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally, fostering a team-oriented, cross-departmental environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Contribute both as a team member and individually
- Possess knowledge of a minimum of two or more of the following business areas and related technology: finance, human resources, legal, document management systems/CRM (and/or proprietary solutions in these fields)
- Knowledge of programming languages: Java,C#, Ruby, or PHP additionally helpful
For someone who can hit on 100% of the points above we offer:
Generous salary + bonus potential
Paid vacation and holidays
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and free downtown parking
At KnowledgeTree, we’re working to allow every business to unlock the value of their content.
Today, we help customer-facing teams...