Join our high visibility, high impact team in the San Francisco Bay area!
Molex is seeking an energetic, technically-oriented Sales Engineer for a group of high priority accounts in the Bay area. You will manage an assigned local territory of priority accounts with the primary objective of growing profitable Molex revenue within it by creating new demands and seeking out existing business. This position will be a key interface between the customers and Molex, and be responsible for educating these customers on the value Molex brings to their companies.
In return for your creativity, commitment, exceptional communication skills and expertise in the electronics / connector industry, we offer not only a competitive base, top benefits and a lucrative commission plan, but more importantly, long term prospects and unlimited opportunities to grow and develop your career in virtually any function or geography which is of interest to you.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage assigned territory to achieve or surpass assigned revenue budgets.
2. Manage assigned territory to achieve or surpass assigned CRM demand creation Pipeline Goals.
3. Maintain complete, up-to-date, and accurate CRM database.
4. Track and coordinate demand creation business transitioned to other parts of the world to assure Molex captures this business.
5. Find desirable revenue opportunities and present to Business Units for necessary support.
6. Continuous development of technical product skills to effectively sell a wide breadth of Molex offerings.
7. Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED: 4 year college degree
PREFERRED: 4 year technical degree,(BSME, BSEE, etc.) an MBA is also a desirable asset, as this is a growth position. It is currently open due to the promotion of the individual who held this role.
REQUIRED: 1+ year New Business Group training or 2 – 3 years similar Sales position with another electronics company
PREFERRED: Extensive background in connector sales in targeted territory or account base
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to self-motivate to successfully manage and prioritize own workload with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to understand customer needs and effectively sell solutions to both the customer and supporting Molex Business Unit.
• Ability to effectively build strategic customer and distributor relationships across a broad span of roles to maximize Molex’s ability to win business.
• Ability to influence others both within Molex and at the customer base
• A sound understanding of the electronics industry.
• Ability to communicate effectively via email, phone, and face-to-face.
• Projects a professional and credible image, well respected in the marketplace.
• Proficient use of MS office 2007
• Established relationships with existing account base.
• Specific knowledge of the Connector industry.
• Has a strong aptitude for understanding electronic systems and the value Molex products bring to the customer.
Milpitas, CA 95035
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...