This position brings to our sales force multifamily property management industry experience, technical ability and the in-depth knowledge of the RealPage integrated product suite necessary to assist the sales team in selling the value of an integrated product solution. This position will primarily be involved in the pre-sales product presentations and sales cycle process. They will work closely with the sales representatives to assess the client needs and solution offerings that return the best Return on Investment (ROI) for the client. They must effectively sell the value proposition and expand the business opportunity by providing solutions for our clients that meet their business needs.
The position will require working with the marketing department as well as the sales management team to formalize presentation tools and materials to assist in the sales process. Sales Engineers interact with sales, account management, product development, support, training, and other departments in order to communicate our client demands and implementation challenges. The Sales Engineer will assist sales management in coordinating and/or performing quarterly sales reviews, product training, and semi-annual sales meetings. Some travel will be required.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Support sales and account management teams through sales calls, phone/web product demonstrations, in-person product demonstrations sales tools and general industry and technical knowledge
- Understand customer needs and establish RealPage products and services as the best solutions that addresses those needs
- Effectively demonstrate the value proposition of the RealPage product suite
- Build and present customized, integrated product demos and presentations in conjunction with sales team
- Facilitate and support prospective client product evaluation environments
- Educate internal and external personnel on RealPage products, implementation and training methodology
- Assist in developing consistent product material for internal and external customers
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Assist in responding effectively to request for proposals and proof of return on investment documentation in conjunction with the sales and marketing teams
- Provide a high level of product and multi-family business knowledge to assist in expanding a sales deal
- Assist in maintaining the RealPage integrated sales demo environment and provide ongoing access to all parties
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products and weaknesses
- Coordinate product and sales training on a quarterly basis, with coordination of sales managers
- Attend market related trade shows and association meetings when needed
- Assist with training and mentoring new employees within Sales Engineering
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Sales Engineering or Sales related field
- Position requires working knowledge of the Multi-Family Conventional, Tax Credit, and Affordable housing market.
- Experience in the Commercial or Single Family segment a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or Marketing preferred
- Experience and knowledge of back office Accounting a plus
- Experience working with OneSite, OpsTechnology, Yieldstar, AMSI, Yardi, MRI a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Sales Force a plus
- Ability to present with enthusiasm and ability to be a self-starter required
- Completing multiple tasks within desired time frames
- Must be flexible and be able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Communicate information with sales, support, training and other departments
- Ability to travel approximately 25% (some overnight travel)
- Requires excellent customer service, project management, follow up, and organization skills
- Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
RealPage - 20 months ago
RealPage touts its software as a real asset to real estate managers. The company's on-demand software platform is designed to make the...