As the primary contact for customers and prospects in the assigned territory, the Sales Engineer is responsible for new business growth (direct and through distribution) via prospecting, qualifying, opportunity registration, sampling, and closing.
Serves as a technical solutions provider to customers and prospects by evaluating application needs, analyze specifications, selecting and specifying products and drive solutions.
Manages distributor sales in the assigned territory by arranging and conducting training programs, providing product and application support, coordinating joint sales calls with distributor staff, and participating in annual business plan reviews with the support of Distribution Channel Manager.
Based in our Northfield, Illinois headquarters, this position reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Four year degree in engineering, marketing, business or management field, or equivalent.
- Five or more years of experience in sales of technical industrial products in a business-to-business environment, preferably related to small gearmotors, electronic drives, or power transmission products. Strong leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills to work with widelty varied customer contacts and internal team members (customer service, manufacturing, planning, and design engineering).
- Familiarity with consultative selling methods and strategies.
- High levels of personal initiative, energy and owenerhsip for success.
- Goal oriented, well organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Windows-based environment, along with competent user skills in Mictrosft Office applications (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel).
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
TO APPLY ONLINE: Click Here!
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago
We offer an outstanding selection of industrial and facility supplies, including:
Gages and other precision instruments