The Sales Engineer is responsible for sales and developing long-term customer relations. Responsible for client communications and developing, submitting, and following technical and commercial proposals, working with Project Managers and outside representatives to follow and close the order. Extensive travel is required. Account development and maintenance will be a primary responsibility. Work within a team environment in a respectful and professional manner with fellow employees, management, and clients.
Main Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for client communications, both technical and commercial.
- Follow quotations with Project Managers and outside representatives.
- Clarify quotation items and answer all client questions.
- Travel as required to sell projects and to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Negotiate with client and work with outside sales representatives to close the order.
- Attend project kick-off meetings when available.
- Attend weekly meetings and provide status of open quotations and assigned future projects.
- Overtime as necessary to complete quotations or to meet project deadlines.
- Make technical sales presentations to clients to develop opportunities.
- Business development and new account development.
- Develop and manage accounts.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, a related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- 5 years minimum technical sales experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to grasp mechanical and some chemical technologies related to specialty products.
- Effective trouble shooting and decision-making abilities.
- Superior time management skills.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and an
attractive benefits package including: 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement.
All candidates will be subject
to drug & alcohol screening and a background check prior to
For over 100 years, Taylor Forge has supplied fabricated products to energy markets around the world. Taylor Forge Engineered Systems has...