Sales Engineer (New York)
Tealeaf, a IBM company, is a rapidly expanding San Francisco-based company that is the recognized leader in Customer Experience Management with world-class clients that read as a who's-who of Internet commerce in Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing and Travel. Tealeaf CX Solutions enable companies to ensure the success of their customer’s Web or Mobile interactions, which is enabled by Tealeaf’s unmatched visibility into the real-time customer experience.
Tealeaf is seeking a bright, imaginative, and dedicated senior Sales Engineer to evangelize our products to non-technical C-level business executives and senior level IT. As a Sales Engineer you will provide technical pre-sales support to prospects and existing customers throughout the sales cycle. This person will partner with the sales representatives and take joint responsibility for successful deal closing by managing all aspects of technical evaluations, showing the value of Tealeaf solutions through effective demonstrations and facilitating proof of concepts (POC's). The primary focus of the role is to apply technical knowledge to customer requirements and determine how Tealeaf products can be applied to solve the customer's problems. This position will support 2-3 sales representatives and provides great opportunity, challenge and excitement.
- Collaborate with Sales Representatives to define and execute account strategies within their respective geographical territories. Identify and uncover prospect/customer business goals, needs and pains.
- Develop customer relationships at the highest levels and drive account penetration objectives.
- Assess an account's technical needs, issues and requirements. Develop and manage a plan to meet those needs.
- Prepare and deliver product presentations and demonstrations. Demonstrate the value proposition of the Tealeaf solution through customized product demonstrations.
- Create strategic and technical sales approaches, presentations and product demonstrations for prospects and customers.
- Quantify operational, financial and business advantages of the proposed solution for the prospect/customer.
- Provide technical due-diligence on the viability of a sales prospect. This includes architectural fit and application fit.
- Facilitate proof of concepts (POC's) end-to-end, including planning, success criteria, and final evaluation.
- Install and configure the full solution including network hardware, servers, and database at a prospect site when required.
- Work with Sales representative to identify opportunities for additional revenue in prospective and current accounts.
- Provide technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Represent Tealeaf at seminars and trade shows.
- 4-6+ years of enterprise software pre-sales experience.
- Preferable prior company experience includes web analytics, content management, web search, business intelligence, web-based customer relationship management and/or other web application.
- Direct experience on web development or web integration projects strongly preferred.
- Start up experience and successfully managing an early stage territory is required.
- Understanding of web systems (physical, logical, hardware, software, and networking) required. Candidate must understand how different components in a web system fit together and affect each other.
- Ability to work in diverse server environments, including understanding how to architecturally recommend how Tealeaf should install. Familiarity with both Microsoft and Unix environments.
- Proven and consistent successful track record with annual quota attainment in the $3.5M+ range over the past 5 years.
- Extensive business solution selling experience & proven track record in selling/presenting to C-level business executives, especially to heads of e-commerce, marketing, finance, and operations.
- Ability to work with a prospective customer's IT department to gain trust and establish technical credibility.
- Impressive presentation and communication skills. Has the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate at all levels to achieve win-win situations.
- Previous experience with salesforce.com would be an added advantage
Candidates/applicants must have the immediate legal right to work in the United States.
We are committed to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.