We are looking for pre-sales engineer who can comfortably bridge social, big data technology and the sales process. If you relish the opportunity to work with a cutting-edge social media management, monitoring, analytics & data platform at a fast-moving startup in a collaborative and fun work environment, this is the right opportunity for you.
- Work closely with social strategist domain experts, assisting in the identification of business needs and definition of Viralheat based social solutions (technology, process and social strategy / best practices) Leverage established network of C-level relationships in vertical categories is mandatory
- Articulate, demonstrate, and prove the technology to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities and help onboard customers.
- Assist the sales team in doing demos, setting up accounts and closing business.
- Develop and deliver messaging, presentations, and demonstrations of Viralheat platform and products.
- Establish technical credibility and build relationships with key stakeholders in accounts.
- Actively participate in sales strategy planning, sales calls, customer design sessions, and technical evaluations.
- Identify and document key customer requirements, challenges, and potential opportunities and articulate the most appropriate solution.
- Regularly engage with product and technical teams to provide feedback and identify opportunities to further improve the product, processes and customer experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical customer facing role with a strong track record of positioning and selling enterprise or software-as-a-service solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listener and strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and fluid environment .
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to understand, articulate, recommend, and implement solutions that meet customer needs through self-investigation, research, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with one of the following languages: Ruby, Java, C++, PHP or Python
- Experience with MySQL is a huge plus.
- Experience using Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM system)
- Experience using Zendesk (or equivalent Customer ticketing system)
- Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Additional Preferred Experiences and Qualifications
- Experience or willing to learn big data applications (i.e. Big data, ETL, BI / data warehouses, Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Experience with APIs, web services and HTTP streams
Salary / Benefits
You will work directly with the co-founder's of the company.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefits, including health, dental, vacation and stock options.
You will be an early employee and will get to make a significant impact on evolution of the company. Viralheat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Viralheat - 18 months ago