Amcom Software, the premier provider of mission critical communication solutions, has successfully partnered with some of the most respected healthcare, university, government, hospitality, and corporate organizations in the country for over 25 years. A wholly owned subsidiary of USA Mobility, Inc., Amcom is headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota and has offices in New York, New Hampshire, Florida, Australia, the U.K., and Dubai. Amcom is an innovative company that is experiencing consistent growth. Our success is greatly attributed to the achievements of our valued employees and currently, we are seeking a Sales Application Engineering Manager to join our team in Eden Prairie, MN.
As a fast growing and exciting company, Amcom provides challenging careers in a friendly, team-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay, good benefits, and advancement opportunities.
The Sales Application Engineering Manager’s major responsibilities are to provide management, direction, and daily leadership for the continuing operations of the Sales Application Engineering Team. Additionally, the Sales Application Engineering Manager, along with the Regional Sales Directors, will represent, present, and demonstrate Amcom’s software applications to current customers, prospects, and business partners.
The Sales Application Engineering Manager will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the Amcom sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for Amcom. The Sales Application Engineering Manager must be able to articulate Amcom's technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects as directed by Amcom management.
- Develop and improve processes and procedures to minimize errors and maximize efficiencies within the department.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Sales Application Engineers.
- Manage group workload and resource scheduling across multiple projects.
- Conduct interviews, and assist in selection and acclimation of new team members.
- Guide team members in professional development.
- Analyze functional and technical requirements in direct relation with the Regional Sales Director for enterprise solutions.
- Assist sales team in the preparation and presentation of commercial proposals.
- Recommend and document system architecture.
- Maintain complete knowledge of each account's current and long-term purchase plans and objectives, keeping management informed of all changes in plans, objectives, and key buying influences.
- Develop and maintain consultative relationships with key technical buying influences in each account, including multiple levels within the customer's organization.
- 3+ years of software engineering and/or pre-sales experience
- 3+ years of management/supervision experience
- Strong record of job stability, outstanding sales credentials, and a proven history of leading large sales efforts
- Experience working in a complex sales environment, where multiple people are involved in the purchasing decision
- Self-motivation and drive for success
- Understanding of systems upgrades and networking
- Proficiency in team strategic selling principles and tools
- Robust interpersonal skills with evidence of teamwork and collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers at all levels
- Solid process orientation, demonstrated resource management and allocation experience, and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise software at all levels within the hospitals
- High level of product knowledge of critical communications, IT, and competitive products
- In-depth understanding of clinical workflow in a hospital/medical setting
Spok, Inc. - 22 months ago