Job Posting |
Account Executive and Business Development Consultant responsible for the sale of Covance Health Economics and Commercial Market Access Services in the San Francisco Bay California Territory. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Health Economics, Economic Modeling, Global Value Dossiers and Patient Reported Outcomes looking for safety and economic endpoints. Your primary function will be to develop relationships with Biotech and Pharmaceutical to expand this business.
• Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
• Establishes and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
• Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
• Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Sells the business unit’s capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
• Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
• Sets and manages customer expectations.
• Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
• Organizes and hosts client visits.
• Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
• Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
• Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
• Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
• Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
• Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
• Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
• Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
• Leads client presentations.
• Supports transactional clients.
- Bachelors degree in life science or business field preferred
- Moderate industry knowledge
- 2-4 years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...