Work Location: Remote/ home office in the Chicago, IL area
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Sales Executive, Regions.
Under the general direction of the Sales Manager-Regions, this position serves as the key contact for assigned credit unions and is responsible for establishing, developing, and continually enhancing the overall relationship with assigned credit unions in order to develop new, cross-sell and growth opportunities. The Sales Executive is also responsible for leveraging and proposing CUNA Mutual s products and services to support and meet credit union needs, resulting in profitable growth for CUNA Mutual. This position is also responsible for leading the account team in providing value-added products that will ensure credit union and CUNA Mutual business success.
1. Responsible for owning and continually enhancing the overall business relationship with assigned credit unions; responsible for the development of relationships with executives and key decision makers within assigned credit unions.
2. Key point of contact with assigned credit unions continually enhancing and building upon overall business relationship with assigned credit unions as measured through new sales, retention, account growth and/or increased product penetration (and TBD non-financial metrics).
3. Gathers detailed information about account, analyzes and prioritizes information resulting in the development of sales strategies that ensure profit & growth objectives are achieved within assigned accounts
4. Develops, manages and successfully executes account plans for assigned credit unions; manages performance to sales plan and territory plans, using metrics and scorecards to measure productivity, sales discipline, quality and achievement of financial results. Based on results, develops and implements specific action plans to increase profitability.
5. Works closely with Sales Specialists to ensure effective and professional proposals/presentations; works closely with Account Consultants to ensure flawless execution of sales/service agreements.
6. Maintains ongoing, timely knowledge and awareness of activities, challenges/opportunities within assigned accounts by ensuring use of the established sales management system on an ongoing basis. Effectively utilizes/incorporates information gleaned from loss of business in future work with same as well as other accounts.
7. Analyzes competitive position and achieves targeted industry market share. Maintains and incorporates thorough knowledge of competitive information / environment, developing a position of influence in the marketplace.
8. Continues to develop sales, business and leadership competencies; continues to research, explore and learn how CUNA Mutual products and services can be used to address credit union needs.
9. Adheres to all sales and support processes that CUNA Mutual has determined as essential for distribution success.
10. Conducts self in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures of ethical market conduct with high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity.
1. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Insurance or related field or an equivalent trade-off of related professional work experience.
2. Minimum of five years of successful sales experience, preferably within the financial services industry.
3. Strong sales aptitude and proven track record of success.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively build business relationships with internal and external clients.
5. In-depth understanding of financial services industry; understanding of credit union movement preferred.
6. Ability to effectively lead an account team in delivering an exceptional customer experience.
7. Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills.
8. Strong ability to influence both at the customer and internal levels.
9. Ability to assimilate complex information and create a message that effectively communicates the relevant issues; demonstrated ability to deliver effective presentations.
10. Life and Health Insurance License and P&C License (immediately upon or 90 days after) employment.
11. Up to 75% travel required.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Underwriting, Product, Sales, Sales Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: ARJ20130110-76359
CUNA Mutual Group - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard