Bb Connect Sales Executive – Higher Education (HE)
Working side-by-side with our clients, Blackboard is pioneering e-Education across the globe. Our academic and commercial suites of products – targeted to primary and secondary schools, higher education, corporate and government markets – deliver on the promise of the internet for online teaching and learning, campus communities, campus commerce services, and the integration of Web-enabled student services and back office systems.
Our award-winning Connect platform is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution designed to allow users to quickly and easily record, send, and track targeted, time-sensitive multi-modal notifications to entire communities in minutes— without having to invest in or maintain additional hardware, software, or phone lines.
The Blackboard Connect Sales Executive – HE will ideally meet or exceed sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Blackboard Connect product suite through professional sales techniques and long-term customer relationships.
Blackboard is experiencing unprecedented growth across all of its strategic and tactical consulting services offerings. As a result, Blackboard seeks an exceptional consultative leader who possesses a proven track record of helping sales teams identify major market opportunities, developing comprehensive capture strategies and assisting a cross-functional team in closing such opportunities for maximum revenue gain and client value.
Specifically s/he will be responsible for:
- Maintaining/growing existing HE accounts within the assigned territory.
- Making prospecting a part of the regular routine ensuring that new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis.
- Meeting/exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to Blackboard's sales rules of engagement.
- Defining and executing territory sales plans, prepare written presentations, reports & price quotations as well as assist in contract negotiations.
- Managing a enterprise solution sale with a 3 month to 6 month purchasing cycle. Moving the sale through the entire sales process ending after the transition to Account Manager. This includes taking an active role in the RFP process.
- Possess an understanding of solution sales methodologies and support the Blackboard Sales organization to capture client business.
- Deliver the consistent value messaging that ensures the client views Blackboard as a strategic partner, and positions us for a larger relationship moving forward.
- Work cross departmentally throughout Blackboard to properly position and promote Blackboard’s consulting and product solutions for maximum business and operational success.
- Articulate the full suite of Blackboard solutions and how they add value to an education client.
- Lead strategic meetings across a diverse client base at the executive level.
- Assess a client’s business problem and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Document a solution and articulate the business value to a client for complex problems.
- Handle client objections by determining the real business problem, articulating Blackboard’s ability to find a solution, and developing creative solutions.
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the education industry.
- Continually learn about new products and improving selling skills. You will be required to attend training events throughout the year and will be expected to participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate.
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Effectively use the sales force automation tool to enter all sales information into this system (SalesForce.com).
- Effectively and efficiently employ Blackboard internal resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale.
- Develop positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments as needed.
- Bachelors degree or equivilent experience
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experience in the eLearning, education, and/or complex solution software sales industries. Of those 3 years, a minimum of 1 year experience selling Enterprise solutions to the Education and/or Government sector is required.
- Proven ability to establish strategic initiatives for large high-value client relationships.
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers.
Successful achievement of 500k+ quotas using consultative enterprise/solution selling tecniques.
- Proven enterprise solution sales skills/success.
- Ability to communicate a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions.
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time.
- Extremely high energy and stamina to perform consistently at a high level in a very demanding environment.
- This position requires you to work out of home as base operations.
- Must be able to travel 60 - 70% of the time.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Technical consulting sales experience (or the equivalent consulting) highly preferred.
- Experience selling to the HE sector highly preferred.
Blackboard - 15 months ago
Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that lets schools create Internet-based learning programs...