BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Position will support the Pet Food financial planning and long range planning process. Position possesses strategic responsibility for maximizing the financial results of the Wet Cat and Cat Snack segments. Collaborates with multiple internal contacts including senior Finance leadership, brand management team operations and HQ Customer Marketing Managers. Also leads the evaluation of best in class profitability modeling, tools, and procedures, including those utilized by other CPG companies and recommends solutions for implementation. Position will be a key part of the Pet Products Finance team, directing and consulting on financial risks, opportunities, issues and strategies. Position provides strategic vision and thought leadership to the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
Value Add Contributions
1. Deliver fact based investment and general decision support analysis, looking beyond the numbers.
2. Evaluate NOP initiatives in an efficient manner using principle based shortcuts where appropriate.
3. Develop timely and accurate budgets and forecasts by managing cross functional inputs (deadlines, assumption validation, quality of content).
4. Provide stewardship of company assets (Mascot, Operating Guidelines) in an efficient manner.
5. Provide insightful management reporting on a timely basis.
6. Assist Shared Services team within Pet Finance during peak periods to drive greater “bench strength”.
1. Investment/innovation analysis utilizing Discovery Driven Planning tools.
2. Evaluate tactical decision support analysis (NOPs, ROI’s, incremental opportunity).
3. Support cross functional AR development with requisite analysis.
4. Provide insightful management reporting on a timely basis.
5. Notify leadership of risks and opportunities as exposed.
6. Administer the financial forecast process, including ESSBASE, Conrec, multi-functional inputs and reporting.
7. Maintain DMPP hierarchy to drive maximum value added reporting.
8. Education of cross-functional peers on financial performance and stewardship.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Masters degree or CPA
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
3-5 years of relevant experience with a
minimum 2 years in consumer products.
1. Industry understanding.
2. Financial and business acumen.
3. Ability to look beyond the numbers to grasp the big picture.
4. Critical thinking, negotiation, priority setting, process and change management.
5. Complete mastery of MS Office and DMPP/DLM systems (MASCOT, EDS, ESSBASE, BPCs).
6. Understanding of DLM and DMPP processes and guidelines.
1. Role model for Del Monte values.
2. Build and maintain relationships at all levels.
3. Knowledge of current financial techniques, tools and relevant GAAP.
4. Mastery of MS Office tools.
5. Ability to make principle based shortcuts.
6. Attention to relevant details.
7. Strong communication and teaching skills.
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agency solicitations. No third party recruiters.
Big Heart Pet Brands - 17 months ago