The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Sales Intern for Columbia, SC.
This is an entry level outside sales position involving the sales and service of mobile medical exams to the insurance industry. We are seeking recent college interns with 0-1 years work experience. The sales intern will introduce customers to ExamOne service and set up new customers with proper materials. The sales intern functions as a liaison between customers and the ExamOne Branch. Utilizing excellent communications and interpersonal skills, the sales intern builds rapport with customers and provides support and training. The sales intern must be a proactive problem solver, helping to develop protocols and procedures, which satisfy both company and customer needs and requirements.
The sales intern must be proactive and self-directed with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and work with little supervision. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are essential. Good interpersonal skills are required in order to build rapport with customers and ExamOne management and staff. Some travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Introduce customer to ExamOne and set up new customers with proper materials.
2. Sales support to ExamOne customers under the direction of the ExamOne management staff.
3. Develop new relationships with prospective customers.
4. Maintain positive relationships with existing customer base.
5. Become an active member in local, county and state insurance organizations including but not limited to attending monthly meeting, sponsorship of approved events, exhibiting at trade shows, and staffing the ExamOne booth as requested by management.
6. Provide operational assistance when necessary to maintain business continuity.
7. Complete weekly sales calls and presentations as directed by ExamOne management staff.
8. Submit all required reports in a complete and timely manner.
9. Maintain a positive, professional relationship with all co-workers, customers, affiliates and competitors.
10. Represent ExamOne with honesty, integrity at all times and in accordance with corporate policy.
21 YEARS OF AGE (Company auto insurance requirement)
Travel will be required
High School Diploma (Preferably seeking degree in field of Marketing, Sales, Communication, or Business)
Demonstrated record of academic achievement
Involvement in extracurricular activities
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Creative; ability to develop effective product presentations
Accuracy and attention to detail
Self-motivated, ability to work with little supervision
Proactive; good problem solving skills
Strong customer service orientation
Professional telephone skills
Computer skills; word processing experience Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail
Good driving record
How To Apply
After clicking the button at the top or bottom of the page to Submit, applicants will answer a series of questions and upload or enter resume information. After submitting for this job opening, watch your email inbox (and spam filter). Applicants are sent an email inviting them to complete a required online interactive evaluation, to demonstrate knowledge and abilities, and allow Quest Diagnostics to learn more about them.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 15 months ago
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...