Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Group Distribution Company’s (AGDC) role is to execute trade programs to grow our tobacco business and our customers' business. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Sales Logistics Specialist to join our Customer & Marketing Services department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for interacting with various components of finished goods sales and distribution, from manufacturing to direct customer delivery to provide executional and analytical support to AGDC’s Sales Logistics Department.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Providing customers and operating companies with distribution solutions to meet trade expectations while adhering to business and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining, managing and analyzing data pertaining to AGDC’s sales and distribution operations
- Establishing and cultivating collaborative partnerships with AGDC’s Direct Customers and Field Sales Force, 3rd Party Vendors and Altria’s operating and service companies
- Identifying and championing opportunities for optimization of AGDC’s finished goods distribution network, systems and order-to-cash processes
- Translating role specific data into relevant business information and communicating to varying levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Technology, Industrial Engineering or related field of study
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment
- Leadership presence and the ability to interact across multiple organizational levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills while being organized, disciplined and takes a self-directed approach to work tasks
- Developed problem solving and analytical capabilities with the ability to work with others in a team environment
- Understanding of and experience applying statistical analysis
- Microsoft Office Suite technical proficiency. Systems knowledge, including SAP, Manugistics, e-commerce and Visual Basic is preferred
At Altria Group Distribution Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Altria - 12 months ago