Active Network (NYSE: ACTV) is on a mission to make the world a more active place. With deep expertise in activity and participant management™, our ActiveWorks® cloud technology helps organizers transform and grow their businesses. We do this through technology solutions that power the world’s activities, as well as online destinations such as Active.com® that connect people with the things they love to do. Serving over 50,000 global business customers and driving over 80 million transactions annually, we help organizers get participants, manage their events and build communities. Active Network has received numerous industry accolades over the past decade. Most recently, the San Diego Business Journal named our company among its Best Companies to Work For and just prior to our IPO last year the Wall Street Journal named Active Network on its 'Next Big Thing 2011' list. In previous years, we have been on the Inc. 500, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 500 and Promo 100 lists.
This person is responsible for empowering and leading an energetic team of Lead Generation Representatives. The Lead Generation Manager will lead and manage a range of outbound sales opportunities and nurturing programs. The team will be responsible for uncovering, qualifying and developing potential sales opportunities to be passed to the direct sales team, while promoting a synergistic environment between sales and marketing.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop tele-prospecting strategies and programs to meet the assigned revenue objectives, as well as manage and ensure accurate measurement and feedback.
- Build working relationships with Marketing and Sales to develop joint execution plans to ensure maximum results.
- Motivate and enhance the effectiveness of the entire Lead Generation team by creating and maintaining rapport with each employee.
- Responsible for staffing, training, prospecting, and revenue objectives, as well as monitoring performance of the team.
- Communicate with sales and marketing management regarding campaign planning, activities and weekly/monthly activity to pipeline reports.
- Must be a self- starter with a proven track record of excellent communicative/strategic selling skills.
- Develop and implement comprehensive training and development plan for lead generation team.
- Develop business plan for Lead Generation team that encompasses weekly, quarterly and annual objectives, strategies and tactics required to meet opportunity targets with a strong focus on pipeline generation, and demonstrable revenue impact.
- Create individual development plans for each team member to position them for success.
- Provide constant counsel on process improvements and best practices to insure high productivity, efficiency, and performance results.
- Manage team to meet metrics for generating opportunities.
- Coordinate prospecting work with sales management.
- Work with marketing on campaign development.
- Work with marketing on measurement tools and reporting.
- This is an entrepreneurial opportunity that requires building a team from ground up.
- Ability to lead a tele-prospecting team in all aspects of the sales cycle
- Experience in sales engagements
- Technology experience required
- Strong leadership skills
- BA/BS in Business preferred
- 5+ years individual sales experience
- 2+ years management experience